Sunday, January 16, 2011

This week brought a bit of excitement as we learned that Robert Munsch HIMSELF was going to be reading some of his most loved books at the Raymond High School.   For a moment I debated whether or not I really wanted to haul three of my kids all the way there for just a few little stories.    I'm glad I decided to take them though, because -Raymond actually isn't even that far away, and really there is actually no such thing as "just a little story" when it is told by Robert Munsch!

As you can see the kids LOVED listening to him, and they weren't afraid to show it.   Of course it helps that these kids have grown up listening to his stories an they could have recited each one off by heart!  


The kids all agreed that their Uncle Ed sounds exactly like Robert Munsch, (or perhaps Robert Munsch sounds like Uncle Ed?) 

The drive home was extra fun.  I made the mistake of letting the kids buy both bubble gum AND slurpees.   (I think it was the inner kid in me wanting to come out)    At any rate it was enjoyable to hear my very hyper kids take turns telling their favourite munsch story- all while trying to chew an entire pack of gum!      By the time we arrived home-I had managed to convince them that this was indeed the BEST DAY OF THEIR LIFE!   
I just love doing that!

John is nearing the end of yet another semester, and most of his students are beginning finals this week.    Not only does this mark the end of a busy fall semester  but thankfully -  the beginning of a much slower and quieter second semester!   The best part about the second semester of school is that it is chalk full of long breaks and holidays!   First- there is exam week.    Then in February- there is Teachers Convention for a week.    We get another week long break in April and then...well  it's all winding down for summer after that!    

So really,  Summer is like practically here!!! 
  ( I don't mean to sound anxious or anything-that's just the way one's mind works when married to a School Teacher;)

Have I mentioned before how much I love being married to a School Teacher?


5 comments:

Dick Family said...

FUN! What an awesome experience! We love Robert Munsch around these parts!

shauna said...

My kids would love to go to Robert Munsch. Good thing I didn't know of this until after the face or they probably would have insisted that I drive to Raymond! It would have been worth it though... :)

Jordan and Luci said...

Am I bad if I don't know who Robert Munsch is? Is he Canadian? We are not very cultured or I'm just a bad mom. Probably both.

shauna said...

Just in case you were wondering..."after the face" is the new way of saying "after the fact" when you are typing while you should be doing something else. (Like getting kids into bed!)

Jewel said...

Looked awesome! Wish we went too. I can't believe I traded almost getting a concussion at Ava's bball game for listening to Robert Munsch! Sad I missed him.

Hey Luci, tell me you've heard or read...."The Paperbag Princess before"? If not, YOU need to. All his books are funny. I'd recommend just hitting Costco and buying a Munschworks book with a compilation of a BUNCH of Munsch's stories in it.

By the way Tan, I think you are the NICEST Mom to buy Slurpies AND bubblegum.