Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"What's Wonderful" Wednesday

A couple of weeks ago I came across this fabulous blog titled 1000 Awesome Things and I instantly fell in love with the idea of it.  The author's concept is to simply BRING LIGHT to the often simple and forgotten moments in life.    Those moments that...if you real stop to think about it ...actually make life quite AWESOME!    His blog is literally a "time ticking daily countdown of 1000 Awesome Things!"   For example:


His Awesome Thing #327:   "When you hit something with your car and there's somehow no damage."   I bet!   I mean,  I can only imagine how nice it would have been to have had no damage;)

Or there was his Awesome Thing #336:  "When the wrapping paper lines up perfectly when you go to tape it."  That is so true, isn't it?   Getting the design on the paper to line up so you don't notice the seam is hugely satisfying!  

Then there is my favourite one so far.   Awesome Thing #335:   "Catching someone you love admiring you from across the room."   Yeah...I can so totally relate to that.    John is like always staring at me;)    Okay-not really, but I do remember this one time when I actually did catch him looking at me, and it was just that. ...

Awesome.

Really though-this whole concept fits beautifully with my theme for 2011 to Illuminate.  What better way to do that,  then to focus on all of the Wonderful (albeit little) things that make my own life Great.
______________________



Which brings me to my first submission for (my recently created) 
   "What's Wonderful Wednesday":
catchy eh.  I just thought of that because...well...today is Wednesday after all
#1:
A new display of Art work on the Fridge!"
Even better then the artwork was the happy little hour that my oldest three spent at the kitchen table drawing while I prepared dinner.    Loved it!
_________________




Feel free to check out the TED talk that inspired me!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!

1 comment:

shauna said...

Great idea Tanis.I found a quote about friendship that I think also applies to this concept. The quote is "Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things." I think it would also be appropriate to say "Happiness isn't a big thing - it's a million little things."Good for your for appreciating the little things like the new art adorning your fridge. I might join you in this since it would be a great way for me to focus on the little but important things that ADORN my life. :)