We are expecting some company for the next week or so, and our kids are bursting with anticipation! John's brother Jordan and his wife Luci phoned us last night and told us that they were halfway here, and rather than stopping for the night somewhere, they were just going to drive through the night and get here in the wee hours of the morning. As in 3:30 am!!! There is a time when I would have waited up for them like a good hostess - but I'm old now, so I simply left a key for them under our front door mat.
Of course I did be sure to leave a welcoming note for them:
Of course I did be sure to leave a welcoming note for them:
When we woke up this morning-the kids were a little disappointed to see that nobody had arrived. Perhaps it was something I said....?
Unfortunately, the same bad weather that we have dealt with for the last couple of days hit them harder and they were forced to spend the night in a hotel after all. To make it worse, they've spent the large part of today battling through a blizzard and changing flat tires along the way. And just think, all of that just to see us!!! (well not really-but that's what we like to tell ourselves)
Luckily, the snowy weather has moved on and I dare say the sun is trying its very best to poke it's way through. The blanket of snow we woke up to this morning is completely gone, so that's good, right?
Basically what I am saying is... there is a chance that our relatives may or may not be arriving soon, and an even slighter chance that spring may or may not actually be here.
I'm just going to go ahead and predict a great weekend!
What can I say, I'm an optimist!
What can I say, I'm an optimist!
No comments:
Post a Comment