Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Week long Party


What a week!!!

It isn't often that John's family makes it up to Canada, and this week we were lucky enough to get to visit with THREE of them all at once.    Unfortunately John and our kids were still in school most days but it was fun to see everyone, even if we were a bit tied down by our schedule.  

Some of the highlights in point form:   
*  Libby and Jessica picked up right where they left off the last time they were together.   These two enjoyed their "twin..." jammies while playing all sorts of princess type games.
*  When the wind wasn't blowing too fiercely, the kids could be found out on the trampoline.   (And yes, Uncle Jordan counts as one of the "Kids" if you ask me.)
*  The kids snacked and ate a lot, but ice cream cones seemed to be a favorite treat this week.   Whether at home or Dairy Queen the kids were happy to eat them anywhere.
*   Our board games were put to good use, (which provided a welcome break from the Wii).   Clue, Battleship, and Picturieka were a few of the favorites!  It was VERY cool to watch our nephew Kaden preform his many cool Yo-Yo tricks!

*********

*And what would a visit from John's family be without the customary trip to Waterton for a picnic?   
Ahem...I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that this was partly my idea.    We ended up hauling lunch back to my house.   

In case you were planning a spring picnic out in Waterton any time soon...I wouldn't if I were you;)

************


 * On Monday night we all got together for a little Murder Mystery Fun.   We had the Sheriff, the Creepy travelling Carney, the Reverend and his wife, the town "hottie", the wandering ex-convict, the aspiring country singer wannabe, and I was elated to play the part of the proud owner of the local trailer park.   Trust John's sister Rachel to come up with an idea as fun as this.
(PS Family:  I am happy to forward any pictures on to you for all of your blackmailing needs.)

*************

On Saturday we took the kids (and their cousin Libby) down to the local museum for the annual Easter Egg hunt.   The kids always love watching the movies that are played on the big screen, LOTS of chocolate eggs were gathered, and they even met the Easter Bunny.   

The last of our company left this morning and it was back to normal for us here.   
John left early for Church meetings, the kids argued about getting dressed up, and Nate ran around the entire Relief Society room in the middle of the lesson.    Again.    Therefore, I spent the remainder of our church meetings pacing the halls for what I'm hoping will be the last time EVER.   

Like I said...back to normal around here.

Have a Great Week!!!!

No comments: