Sunday, May 29, 2011

Best Way to spend a Saturday. EVER.

John and I had been hoping all week long for a chance to get out to Waterton on Saturday.    However, seeing as it had been raining buckets for the better part of the week, I was beginning to lose hope that we'd actually go anywhere.    During a miraculous and a short lived sunny break Saturday morning we decided to throw caution to the wind (we're crazy like that) and just go ahead with plans regardless of the forecast.

Thankfully our niece Ava was more then willing to watch our kids so that John and I could go out alone.    Not that going with the kids isn't fun - because it is.   It's just a different kind of fun that's all;)  

Some of the highlights of the day were:

*  Stopping in Mountain View to check out a funky little art gallery
*  Finally getting my fishing license!
*  Walking around the town site (in the pouring rain) and exploring all of the gift shops and galleries
*  Holding Hands
*  Driving the "Roller Coaster Road"
*  Planning all of the hiking trips that we want to take the kids on
*  Exploring Red Rock Canyon and taking lots of pictures

*  Looking for Wildlife
*   and Taking even more pictures 



*  Playing around at one of my favorite places - Pass Creek
* And of course, taking more pictures!


We got home a little later then planned because a) we were having just too much FUN  and b) we passed by a field and noticed 5 little foxes playing together and had to stop and watch them for awhile.    They were pretty naive and unaware of how afraid of us they should have been, so we were able to drive quite close to them.   They were such cute little things!


We got home in time to feed the kids supper, bathe them and put them in bed.   Then we popped a big bowl of popcorn and finally watched The King's Speech.  
  (Don't worry- we fast forwarded through the Swearing Scene.   Honest.)  


As I was putting the kids to bed they commented on how much fun it was to have Ava babysit them and they asked when Daddy and I would go away so that she could come back.  

My reply:  "Very VERY Soon!"   
I could get used to Saturdays like this!!!
(I just hope that Ava's up for it;)  

3 comments:

Jordan and Luci said...

What a great way to start out the birthday weekend. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Ben said...

Fantastic photos, Tanis! Happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun time! If it were up to Ava she'd be over there every day....not just weekends!