Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our awesome week of nothing

This was holiday week around here and it was so much fun to have John around each day.    Most of our days began late as we managed to quickly train the kids to stay in bed until at least 7:30am.     (I love how that is considered "sleeping in" to us now;)   It was glorious!

* On Monday we made a quick trip up to Calgary.   The kids and I got to play at my brother Chad's house for the day and John was able to visit with his Aunt Jean and Uncle Bruce for a bit.    It's always fun to take the kids on little road trips, especially ones that take us through Claresholm.   Nothing keeps my kids happier while travelling then a box of 7-11 chicken!

*   Nate surprised us earlier in the week when he leaned over and gave me the noisiest and most slobbery kiss ever, right on my cheek.   Nothing melts my heart more then kisses from a baby, and as a result I've been hounding him every few minutes for just one more kiss.   

He's officially sick of me now.


*   I am proud to say that I got completely and hopelessly caught up in the royal wedding this past week.    I know that half the people reading this right now think that is pathetic, but I  simply don't care.    Yes-  I watched the wedding from start to finish and loved every bit of it.
   Heck I even took notes during the Arch Bishop's sermon!
It was pretty beautiful!


*  Can you believe it, on Friday we got another big dump of snow, so of course we had to dig out the boots and mitts for one last morning of snowman building.    Of course it would snow seeing as I had every intention of doing some yard work this week.     

Let's hope that this is the last of the snowmen for awhile!
It appears after typing this recap that most of the week has been spent in a very lazy fashion.   Apparently we have gotten very good at doing absolute nothing at all!
I loved every second of it!
I'm actually quite sad that it is coming to an end.


This Monday will surely hit us hard as not only do John and the kids return to school, but Abby begins baseball while Sam and Jess start soccer.    I don't know- it's beginning to feel like too much "schedule" if you ask me- but hopefully the kids enjoy it.   ;)

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Jordan and Luci said...

I love holidays! They are even better when they are relaxing. Sounds like you guys have had a good couple of weeks.

When we got back from Disneyland I asked Libbi if she wanted to go back or go to Canada and she said Canada! What the? She also told my mom and sister how when it was her birthday Abby was going to let her play with her special pony. Abby better produce...haha, that made me laugh. Miss you guys.

CHEMTD said...

Tan,
I love the tribute to mothers at the top of your blog!

We missed seeing you this weekend. Love ya,

- C