During breakfast-the kids peppered me with home made cards and other gifts. Sam brought a plant home from school and John had kindly built that cool lattice and put it in a pot without me knowing. Abby gave me several notes and letters, and by far, my favorite one is the heart shaped piece of paper that contains the incredibly sweet and heartfelt words: "Mom. You the woman!!! Love Abby;)" Touching isn't it? The beautiful vases of dandelions were from Jessica and I laughed as John described how she ran wildly through the cul- de sac yesterday gathering them secretly. She'd hidden them in the bathroom overnight. Sweet eh? Yup-there is a whole lotta love in those little gifts and I am so glad that I get to be their mom!
This week was a big week for Abby as the baseball season got underway. This is Abby's first time playing baseball-but as you can see- it didn't take her long to settle in to it. I have to say, for someone who has never picked up a baseball bat before, she did pretty well and I'm excited to watch her improve.
A couple of weeks ago we received a list indicating what team she was on and who she'd be playing with. John and I looked it over and realized that she was going to be the only girl on her entire team. When I told her that, she took a minute to think that through and then said,
"So...you mean, I'm going to be the only girl playing with all the guys? Okay ...I think I can handle that."
Yeah, that girl will be just fine;)
Sam and Jess began soccer this week and they were both thrilled to be playing a team sport as well. Sam's team consists of a lot of kids from our ward as well as a previous ward so he instantly felt comfortable. This is his third year playing and he's definitely improved. The weather wasn't great that day so they ended up practicing drills on the school's front lawn, but Sam didn't seem to mind. And he only used his hands a couple of dozen times;)!
To say Jessica was excited about soccer would be an understatement. In fact she honestly and truly wore her soccer shirt every day of the week (and night) since she got it. I realize that is pretty gross and I'm not proud of it, but it shows how much she enjoys it all. And it meant less laundry to clean and fold so it's all good.
On Saturday our neighbors across the street brought over this huge box that was leftover from a freezer purchase. Clearly they know how the mind of a 6 year old works and thought that our kids might enjoy playing with it.
Within minutes they had the paints out and were going to town on that box like nobody's business. They spent a good hour at least painting that box. It was our intention to cut some windows or perhaps a door into it and turn it into a little play house for them. Unfortunately I went inside for a bit and the kids found a different use for it in the meantime.
After a good 20 minutes of hearing them laughing hysterically, I figured I'd better go see what they were up to. (Laughter like that usually only happens when they are doing something they shouldn't be doing;)
I found them playing in it much like a hamster plays in a running wheel. They must have circled the cul-de sac a half a dozen times before I caught on to what was going on. Of course I had to video tape it prior to scolding them and warning them to "never play on the road." (Blog before Safety right?)
Despite the occasional injury-this kept them happy for yet another action packed hour!
Yup. Never a dull moment when you have kids right?
Just a few of the moments why I love being a Mom to these 4!
Have a great Sunday, and HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to all of you amazing Mothers and Women in our lives!



2 comments:
Tan that box thing made me happy. Also Abby playing baseball is so cute. I wish we were there. I would get her some big league chew (gum) and show those boys up in blowing bubbles AND her skills. anyways, miss you guys!
Looks like your kids are enjoying Spring. I'm glad they had a good time with the box although I have to say, I had NO IDEA that they were out rolling around on the road! haha! I would never had thought of doing something like that... but my boys probably would have - or their dad! haha! :)
Post a Comment