Because I know how much John enjoys public expressions of love and admiration, I thought I'd take a moment and share a little bit about John that I love most.
He is Sturdy.
I remember taking this picture of John just before we left Crypt Lake last year. He cracked that whip of his and sent the loudest crack echoing through the mountains. Now when I look at this photo I see a strong and sturdy man standing against the backdrop of an equally formidable mountain. When I say John is sturdy, I mean he is strong and immovable when it comes to what he believes in. He never doubts. Never fears. "The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders
It's seen in the width of his arms that circle you.
The strength of a man isn't in the deep tone of his voice,
It's in the gentle words he whispers.
The strength of a man isn't in the weight he can lift,
It's in the burdens he carries."
2. He's Influential:
"Father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. "
-author unknown

3. This man is Talented!
I sometimes envy the way John can do anything and everything. Not only that, but he does it all so well! He can play the piano, the guitar, and will turn anything into a set of drums if given the chance. He's athletic, he can sing, and he's great with people. One of his greatest talents I think is his ability to retain information in that steel-trap mind of his.
I like the way he encourages our kids to develop their talents as well.
"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person - he believed in me. "
4. He always Gives 100% of himself
Well, John is definitely more of a "give a hundred percent of himself" kind of guy and I love him for it.
5. This man takes Play time seriously!
We are lucky to have this wonderful man in our lives and I am so grateful for all he does for us!
Happy Father's Day John!

No comments:
Post a Comment