Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's because they are AWESOME!

 Ever feel as though your kids hear absolutely NOTHING that you say?    Sometimes I literally feel as though I must be talking to myself most of the time.  

I mean really!  I could say:   "Kids-stay out of the fridge, its almost time for supper."

And five seconds later.......




More then once I've heard myself say: "You guys!  Seriously- quit playing with the eggs!   No more doing experiments with our food!  

And three seconds later...........




Or every night I say:   "Okay kids- this is the night that you all stay in your OWN beds, got it?    No crawling into our bed!"

Despite that though, with out fail, every morning I wake up to this.........
   


I'm beginning to wonder why I even bother saying anything at all? It's not like I'm ever actually heard.


I recently saw this picture though and it gave me a whole new perspective, not to mention an answer to my question. 


Oh, I get it!

My kids aren't deliberately TRYING to disobey.  
 They are just too AWESOME to hear me in the first place!!! 


I feel so much better.


Some of my kids' most recent Awesomeness:

Abby continues to try at baseball, and even though this is clearly her first year attempting it - she never gets discouraged.   I watched on Monday as it took 13 swings of the bat before she actually hit the ball.   But the moment she did tap that ball- she sailed to first base with her arms high above her head as if she'd just hit a home run.     She is her biggest fan that girl!   And that's Awesome!

Sam has just a few more weeks of school and he has LOVED kindergarten this year, especially his teacher.     Apparently there is a high school student who is helping in Sam's classroom this semester and she told John last week that Sam is ALWAYS HAPPY and that he is the most cheerful little boy she's ever seen.     Awesome!

Jessica has taken our bedtime routine to a whole new level.    Each night after going potty and brushing teeth the kids gather in Jessica and Sam's room for bedtime prayers.   Lately though, Jessica has taken to going somewhere private to "practice" her prayer before joining us to say it for real.    I mean, who rehearses their bedtime prayer?      Awesome!

Nate.   What can I say about Nate?  He's taken to pulling hair,  finding the toilet scrubber and sucking on it, and escaping out the front door and disappearing before we even know he's gone.      Yet-one little slobbery kiss from this dude and all is forgiven.   Like I said.   Awesome!   

With kids like this I really shouldn't complain if they don't listen to me from time to time, (or ...ever for that matter) now should I?    

Not everybody gets to be surrounded by such AWESOMENESS!!!

2 comments:

Dick Family said...

AWESOME post! Really! I loved reading this from your perspective, it helps me realize the very same things in my own family!

Jordan and Luci said...

Tan, your awesomeness must be rubbing off on your kids...and Sam's awesomeness gives me hope for Jaxson!