Some highlights of the first week of June:
Abby completed her second year of piano lessons!!! On Monday, we got to see her perform at her piano recital and she did GREAT! She played a song called "Robots Marching" and it is a piece that has been quite difficult for her. (well....practicing it has been quite difficult for her, let's put it that way;) Her piano teacher is simply wonderful and I have learned that it helps to throw "Sister Atwood's" name into the conversation whenever I'm trying to get Abby to practice. For some reason that works every time. Why are my kids so willing to please others, but could care less about what I have to say?
In the end Abby played great and I've given Abby the week off of all things piano. Little does she know this hiatus will be short lived as I'm determined to make her practice all summer long!
What, I'm the mom! It's my prerogative to nag isn't it?
When the kids aren't filling up on ice cream cones before dinner, they can probably be found huddling around a freshly popped bowl of buttery popcorn! I think I've popped popcorn THREE times in the last few days and the novelty of it doesn't seem to ever wear off for these four.
I wish I could get them to eat their vegetables with the same enthusiasm. (Perhaps if I tell them that "Sister Atwood" wants them to. Do you think that would work?)
It was neat to see some of the pilots start their planes (some of them self made planes) and take off down the runway for home, and the kids cheered every time a plane took off or landed. John though, was without a doubt the most excited one of all and I could tell that he was trying to figure out in his mind just how exactly he could go about getting one of these things for his very own.
I've decided that for Father's Day- I'm just going to go ahead and get him a plane.
Meh, it's no biggie- just a little token of affection for the man I love.
Happy Sunday!!!!


4 comments:
Never a dull moment...You guys always do the funnest things.
That is so fun. I remember that guy trying to get Jordan to join that club. I think I'm going to go pop some popcorn right now. That sounds so good!
I'm wanting popcorn now too. Oh, and some ice cream with sprinkles.
You're not the only mean mom, Isaiah will be practising all summer long too.
Post a Comment