So I'm going to use my blog to record some of those every day moments that I cherish and love.
For example, this weekend my siblings all got together. It's been awhile since we have ALL been together at the same time (several months at least;) and we decided to have Thanksgiving a little early this year to accommodate every bodies schedules. This is a picture my niece Ava took during a moment when Chad, Jewel, Crystal and I were all visiting together.
We had taken the kids out to Waterton to play at the park and it was such fun to just relax and do nothing. Chad was his usual hilarious self popping out jokes every few seconds. (I've always wondered how he does that:) Jewel was often off playing with one of our kids on the swings, which might explain why she's the favorite Aunt! Crystal cuddled with her adorable baby Waldon (who also often had us laughing, though for reasons different then Chad).
And I even crimped my hair for the occasion! (smart? no. Laughable? definitely.)
It was a funny moment that day when the kids decided to form a human pyramid and tried with all their might to pull it off. Some of them just didn't want to give up! (future cheerleaders for sure!)

It made me laugh on Sunday when I arrived at Jewel's house for the big Turkey dinner to see that these kids had made place settings at the table (complete with name cards) for each family member. I particularly loved the name cards that read "Jarmie" (for Jeremy) and "Crystle" (for Crystal.) Too cute!
It was great to be together!!!
My favorite part of the weekend was getting to attend the Relief Society Broadcast with Jewel, Crystal and Heather. Oh and I totally got a compliment for crimping my hair by the way;) Cha-ching!!!!
*******
Yesterday as soon as the kids left for school, it was time to start canning. On the menu that day were pears, pears and pears! Half way through the pears though, my Father in law came over with some beets to do. It was a full day-but it didn't seem like it. Why is it that work is not that bad so long as you have friends to visit with while you do it?
Definitely loved this day working and visiting with them.
And I'm certainly finding JOY in the way my storage room is beginning to look!

4 comments:
You're hilarious Tan(Cha-ching).
It was so great to see you guys, we will be sure to not wait so long to go down again.
- C
Yay us!! Canners extraordinaire! That WAS a really fun day, and you're right, it's so fun to see the storage room shelves fill up. Thanks again for letting us get your house all sticky, and beet colored...
Betsy,
ANYTIME!!!!!
Oh that picture of you 4 made me miss you guys! You are all so wonderful! So fun to see you all together!
Post a Comment