Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Break

Wow, this week has flown by!   It's always nice when we can enjoy a little break from school, and I love having John and the kids home all day.     

Some of the things we've done so far this week:

*We began spring cleaning!  I for one am incredibly excited about this and yesterday was "Clean the Blinds" Day.   (My family loved it, but not really;)  

* John and I have begun some serious Moroni's Quest preparation and I'm getting more then a wee bit excited for the actual event that will happen at the end of June.   I've spent the past two days sewing costumes,  and John has been asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about Moroni's Quest - so it's been a large focus around here lately.   Frankly, I think he should wear this outfit when he gives his talk.  (He's totally got the legs to pull it off!:)
(I love John's pose in this pic and I personally think he'd get a lot fewer speaking assignments if people actually knew what a goofball he really is, but alas-  he hides it so well;)

* The kids have painted LOTS of pictures!

* Movie Nights x FIVE!   (It's so fun when every night is NOT a school night;)  

* I've made about 6 trips to the dollar store this week.  (one for every day excluding Sunday;)   That's what I do when the kids get bored - load them up to go spend more money on useless toys that will break in five minutes;)   Only yesterday, I got visiting with a woman and Nate disappeared on me and BROKE A CLOCK!   The owner was mad at me, so...I think that officially ends our daily trips to the dollar store for awhile;)   

*  John and I have strangely enough watched very little of our beloved M*A*S*H because we are busy focusing on the 2nd season of Downton Abbey.   LOVE this series, and we have only 3 more episodes to go;)  sigh.   (Thanks Besty for picking the DVD's up for me.   A lot of time has been wasted as a result;)  

*  Yesterday we drove the kids out to St. Mary's for the first time this year to check out the spillway.  We're getting excited for spring!

* We also drove to Raymond to visit John's Grandpa and Grandma.  They are turning 97 and 96 consecutively and they are remarkable people!   My kids love their Jelly Bean Machine so they are always up for a visit;)     Too bad I had my camera with me and didn't think to take a picture;)  


* We were able to get together with our friends the Salmons over the weekend.   At first, we'd planned to meet at Lions Park for a Easter Egg Hunt, and dinner.    Unfortunately (despite my amazing job decorating;) it was cold, and some what dirty and gross (in a ghetto sort of way) so we packed up and came back to our place.    It's always fun to see them!




 * On Sunday, we all (including Max) drove in to Lethbridge to have an Easter Dinner with Rach and Brent.   As always Rach pulled off a beautiful meal and I'm hoping that she'll share some of her recipes on our family Recipe Blog.    The kids were thrilled to get to watch their favorite show (America's Funniest Home Videos) while enjoying popcorn and strawberry Milk shakes, and now they think Rachel is the coolest mom ever!  (But that's only because she gives them fun gifts, let's them eat in the living room and she has cable.   Oh alright- even I think she's the coolest mom ever!!!:) 


* Oh and I also managed to squeeze in a little bit of time to completely ruin my oldest daughters childhood and dash all her hopes and dreams, but I suppose that's a story that I'll leave for another time;)     

Never a dull moment around here, that's for sure!  
I'm kinda looking forward to Monday now, as I could really use a break;)

1 comment:

shauna said...

We had such a good time with your family. Thanks for supper and the awesome Easter decorations! I will email you those pictures of Nate & Jess with Lucy soon. I keep forgetting...remind me if I haven't done it by the end of the week!