Well it is election Monday, and at the moment somewhere a bunch of people are busy counting up all of the votes. It sounds as though voter turnout was up drastically from last time, which I think is cool. I have to say though, I will be really glad when it is over. Now each night, when my Father in law comes over for dinner, we can talk about more important things besides politics. Like...what I'm going to plant in my garden for example!!!
Yup- my mind is going that way, and why shouldn't it, it was almost 30 degrees here today!!!
Though the afternoon heat had me feeling sluggish and lazy - the evening was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
Right after dinner, the kids and I headed out for some quick errands before FHE. We had a slight change in plans though when Abby noticed some of her friends hanging outside the PC Campaign office. There was a serious party going on with music and everything and Abby couldn't help but start to dance. I chose that moment to slip away and do some shopping alone because I was way too embarrassed to stand there and watch my daughter dance on main street. (She takes after me when it comes to dancing. It's not pretty;) I came back 5 minutes later and the kids were all wearing bright orange PC t-shirts and eating pizza as if they'd actually been invited;) haha!
Well, after crashing that fun party- it was time to leave and go VOTE! I was glad the kids were with me, because it gave me a chance to show them what it means to vote. They seemed pretty interested in it and even had a candidate of choice themselves;) Let's hope this enthusiasm for politics lasts until they actually can vote.
After that- it was time for a family bike ride! The first one of the year;) We had planned to ride over to the temple and back, but the kids had so much fun that we decided to just keep on going:) The little adventure took us to a nearby park where the kids happily played in the dirt as if they'd never been outside before. They were practically rolling in it;)
Here Abby is building Niagra falls, Nathan is wrecking Niagra falls, and Jessica had built a crater of sorts.
Sam's creation really impressed me. He drew a map of the St. Mary's spillway. It's definitely a favorite spot for our kids and he drew it all out in great detail including several marmot holes along each roadway. See? Can't you tell that's St. Mary's? :)
John sat nearby and did what he does best.
Oh and look a picture of me! That so rarely happens;) I'm so very pleased that the one picture that exists of me with the family- and I'm wearing a dorky bike helmet. That's just great:)
PS: John made me wear that helmet and lectured me with all sorts of diatribes about how I need to set an example for the kids...and blah... blah... blah. It's easy for him to say though, he always gets to look good! (see above photo)
Having to wear that helmet aside, it was a beautiful evening, and I couldn't help but think about how perfect the day had ended up being. It seemed as though the entire province was in a frenzy of worry over what the election results would bring, and what the implications of such result would be, yet that all hardly mattered to me in that moment. This might sound kinda shallow, what with all the political issues being faced today, but all I really cared about as we rode our bikes home was how right then - everything seemed so perfectly right in MY little world!
No comments:
Post a Comment