Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thanks to my sisters and ok...a pretty cool brother too;)

I came across this picture in our photo archives and had to share it again,  for a few reasons:
    
1) I'd crimped my hair that day and felt pretty darn cool for it;)  looking back-I'd still say it was cool of me;)
2) It's a snapshot from that one amazing day my siblings and I spent last year in Waterton with our families.  Such fun!
3) It reminds me of how LUCKY I am to have sisters!   


I've been feeling especially grateful for my sisters lately, and that may have something to do with the fact that I've been looking back on this past year and remembering the countless times in which they were there for me.    In the past 11 months they have helped me through 3 surgeries, lots of specialist appointments, and 1 weekend away recently for Moroni's Quest.   I truly, would not have been able to have gotten through this past year without them.

My sisters made meals for my kids, mopped my floor when I couldn't, helped me learn to sew, gave me rides to Calgary and offered lots of emotional support.   Most importantly though- they took my kids for me, so many times,  and watched them- always caring for them like they were their own.   Crystal, for example, watched my kids for an accumulated 16 DAYS this year!!!
 That's SIXTEEN DAYS in which they were loved extra special and had the times of their lives!  
I keep wondering if I'll ever be able to repay my sisters for all they do for me - and I'm beginning to think that I probably never will.

We're planning a Super Duper Fun Family Trip together in August, and I am getting so excited for it!   Mostly because I know we'll be getting together for no other reason then to be with each other.
               My brother is the one making it happen, and it will be fun to see his family as well. It will be especially great to catch up with his wife Heather.  (AKA:  MY SISTER in law!)
She makes the BEST frozen Mojito Pie EVER!   

Sometimes- you just gotta celebrate the Sisters in your life, ya know!
(But don't feel left out Chad.  You're still wicked awesome to me too;)

No comments: