Friday, July 20, 2012

The hardest part is getting there

Last Sunday- we loaded our van and headed off for a little family reunion.   Every two years, John's siblings all get together for a week of fun, and every two years we find a new place to meet.   
This year, John's brothers Ben and Ammon found the perfect spot - in the very beautiful woods of Coeur d'alene, Idaho.   

Seeing as Coeur d'alene is only six hours away from us, I shouldn't have worried so much about the drive, but for my kids, a trip to Lethbridge is a big ordeal- so I was plenty anxious about how they'd do. 
Turns out, they are better travellers then I've ever given them credit for, and they did just fine!

There was beautiful scenery all around us, music on the radio, and more treats then one person should ever be aloud to eat.   It was a van full of happy happy people;)


We arrived early in the evening to the most charming lodge/music studio we'd ever seen.    As soon as we pulled up and got a glimpse of the back yard- we knew the kids were going to be in heaven.   

There was an adorable play house and fire station complete with furniture and props.  Perfect for keeping little kids in - and parents out!   They had cute flower beds and gardens with all sorts of produce growing, a giant play structure, and tonnes and tonnes of running space!   All of this was enclosed by the beautiful woods surrounding the property.  


Half of this lodge is a music recording studio, and rumor has it that the group 'Mercy Me' actually recorded a CD here.    The other half though consisted of huge almost hotel like set up.    There was a pool room.  An arcade room.    Public washrooms.   A commercial kitchen, and serving area.    And a HUGE gathering/eating area that became the hub of a lot of visiting.   
As you can see - Sam enjoyed chilling in the hammock in the Sun room;)


By 6:00 that evening, most everyone had arrived.  We all quickly un-packed our things and immediately got down to FUN!

LOVE those beautiful Idaho evenings!  

Never ever a bit of wind!!   I mean, can you imagine that?  No WIND!!!
  I never knew such a place existed;)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Where does Ben and Ammon find these places? I'd like a few pointers...
I am trying to find a place for my family. Do they have any ideas for family located in Utah, Texas, and Indiana? ;)

Tanis, said...

Hey Jennie- I think Ben heard about this place by word of mouth. Two years ago, Jordan found a spot at Bear Lake that was AWESOME too! Go back to my archives in July 2010 to see pics of that place.

Then just ask around? There's lots of great spots- its just finding one thats central to everyone;)