Ah, here we are, at the end of yet another "First Day of School."
I LOVE this day! Mostly because, to me, it marks the beginning of Fall, but also because it marks the return of ROUTINE!
Routine is a beautiful beautiful thing!
I surprised myself this morning by not being to 'over the top' unlike other years when dropping my kids off at school. In the past, I would try to meet the teachers, introduce my kids to a few classmates, try to make sure they each had a friend, make sure they'd remembered their individual containers of handsanitizer, AND taken pictures throughout the entire process documenting every moment!
This year- I left the camera at home and simply pointed the kids in the direction of their classrooms with nothing more then a loving pat on the back. Perhaps I'm calming down in life?
Mind you, I did still make sure they each had their hand sanitizer with them - (of course;) and I did make them stand for a photo before we all left this house.
How could I not?
When I told John to stand for a picture he said- "Oh. You, like...wanna get a picture of everyone?"
(Translation: "Do you really think I should have to do this?")
As I was helping Abby get ready this morning she looked in the mirror and said-
"Okay Mom. I really didn't expect to look this cute!" (That is a sentence I have never personally had the privilage of uttering, but I sure do admire the way she likes who she is:)
When I asked Sam to smile nice for me- this is what he did:
So I said, "K Sam, now give me a nice serious smile."
So I said...."No really Sam, just ONE nice smile."
Then I said, "Sam, I'm not kidding- just smile nicely."
Then I gave up.
(and said a silent prayer for his teacher;)
Now this little cutie just flashed her cutest smile, hugged me about a hundred times and then went and rocked her "first day!"
Nate was all smiles, until we actually had to start leaving his play mates behind. He cried after each drop off!
If I didn't know any better - I'd think he wasn't looking forward to spending his afternoons with ME!
1 comment:
3I did those exact sheets for my kids! LOVE PINTEREST!!!
Post a Comment