I found a bunch of Family Day pictures on my camera and realized that I hadn't yet journaled the fun!
Every family day, our kids like to go down to a local museum here in town that hosts a carnival of sorts. My kids weren't there for the carnival games though.
And nor for the face painting or prizes.
The only thing they wanted, was a home made ROPE.
As soon as we arrived, they raced right to the rope making area, and there the four of them waited and helped construct 4 twine ropes. One for each of them.
Of course, I knew these ropes would be used for all sorts of mayhem, and I was right. I've since watched my kids try all sorts of things from lassoing each other around the waist to wall climbing in what is supposed to be our "quiet room."
I'm not too sure why I put up with it all, except that these ropes are all part of the family day tradition.
They love it!
As soon as the kids had their ropes, we loaded them up in the van and headed to Lethbridge to meet up with John's siblings Rachel and Ben, and their families. We spent some time at yet another carnival, only this one was hosted by the UofL.

After our 2nd carnival of the day, we all went swimming, and then stopped by Rachel and Brent's home for some pizza and wings. Rach and Brent are moving to California soon, and my kids will surely miss them. (Jess will miss their puppy, Thor. Abby will miss their only child, Maddax. And Sam will miss the wedgies Uncle Brent gives him. sigh....;)
All in all, it was a great way to spend Family Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment