Friday, March 1, 2013

Things I never thought I'd hear my kids say...

A little over two weeks ago, my computer died.   Just like that, right while I was using it.   One minute I was watching a you tube video of some tourists who almost got capsized off the coast of Hawaii by a Humpback Whale, and the next minute - the screen is blank.  

At first I cried.

Then I took the computer to John and asked him to do whatever it is he always does to make things better.   He spent an hour or two on it, trying to get it running, but it was no use.  

  So then I told him to try harder! 
(Can I help it if I have that much confidence in him?)

   Sure enough, after an hour of research he determined that a small connector cable deep within the belly of my little computer had probably burnt out.    To make a long story short (or have I made a short story long?) he ordered the new part...we crossed our fingers...I endured 2 weeks with nothing...the little cable doo dad thingy finally arrived....John took my laptop apart....worked his magic.... and oi la!!!!!

All is well again:)

During the past couple of weeks, something interesting happened.   I surprisingly ENJOYED not checking for messages, wasting endless minutes on facebook, drooling over pinterest ideas, and perusing food blogs for recipes I can never quite duplicate no matter how hard I try.

   I did however miss my daily 15 minutes spent playing brain games on Luminosity.   
And this blog.  I missed my little journal.

Luckily,  I made sure to make a detailed list (with a pen and pencil!!) of all the funny things my kids said during this time.  And for some reason, these kids seemed funnier to me then normal?    
Perhaps that is what happens when one has nothing to do but LISTEN? :)

At any rate, here are some of the things I overheard them say over the past week.    They sure make me smile!


"I had a little problem with the TNT today,  and accidentally blew up my house."  
 - Said Sam one evening at dinner as he told Grandpa about his day.  (Luckily, he was referring to a house of his on mine craft;)

"SAM!!!  I am NOT your STUFFY!!!!!"
-Said Nate, angrily one morning when Sam kept trying to hug him and smother him with kisses.

"Ahhh....I just love the sound of sarcasm in the morning!"
- Said Abby one morning as I drove the kids to school

"I . hope . you .  DIE!"  
- Said Nathan menacingly, to ME...his Mother!
(We were playing Super Mario Brothers and he was trying to throw my Luigi guy off an edge;)


"You guys!  If you want to change your Birthday, then all you have to do is Die, ...then..get born again!"
-  Said Sam, as the kids were all lamenting the inconvenience of each of their birth dates.  


ME:   Hey Sam!  I want to take your picture, can you just stop giving Jessica a noogie.
Sam:  She likes it!
Me:  No Sam.  I'm sure she doesn't.
JESS:  heehee.   Yes I do.   I totally LIKE it!!!

Me:  "Sam, for goodness sakes- cover your mouth when you cough!"
Sam:  "I'm sorry!  What can I say?  It's a natural habitat!" 
(I'm thinking he meant to say habit;)

No comments: