When I was younger, I remember certain times of the year, when our church meeting house would get "EGGed" by a group of non-lds kids in town. This always happened every Halloween for sure, but occasionally other times as well. In fact, I vaguely remember one time when my Brother and some of his friends, hid out in the bushes surrounding the church (I want to say with water hoses?) in an effort to catch the culprits in the act. I'm not sure if they ever did catch who was doing it, but you got to give my brother and his friends props from trying;)
Anyways, I suppose that might have something to do with the fascination I've always had with this notion of "Egging" a place. On one hand, I dread it. Loathe it. And Fear it. (I am constantly warning John that he'd better not be a boring teacher, or else his students might come egg our house.) On the other hand, there is this part of me that would really, REALLY enjoying throwing eggs at something, myself! (I'd put it on my "Bucket List" of things to do in this life, if I didn't still think it was absolutely moronic.)
Anyways, this past week at Activity Days I told the girls that we were going to go "Egg a place," and their initial reaction surprised me a bit. We have 12 girls in our group, and I'd say about HALF of them were a little too excited at the idea. Heck, they were thrilled!!!
(Future "Eggers" for sure;)
I had to quickly re-direct their focus and assure them that, this time, going and "Egging" something was going to be a GOOD thing, because we were about to commit a "Nice-ness."
Luckily, they were all still on board with the idea, so there might be hope for them still;)

14 Easter Eggs containing testimonies, kind words, and happy thoughts about Easter posted on our Bishops office door. I'm not sure if the putty will hold until Sunday, but that doesn't matter.
The girls had fun doing it, and I'm pretty sure I got that whole "Egging" thing out of my system, once and for all! :)
Just one more day until Easter Break.
EEEEKK!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment