Monday, February 11, 2013

Win Win

Sunday afternoons are definitely quiet times around our place.   
John is usually still at the church doing whatever it is he does after church.
The kids and I though, come home... fill up on Nachos and Cheese...and then they turn on a "John approved" movie, while I snuggle in my bed.    Granted, this never really turns into a full on Nap or anything, but just getting a couple of minutes to close my eyes and day dream is nice enough.   

This past Sunday, Jessica came upstairs just as I was getting ready to read a book, (which I didn't really plan on reading for long;)  and she wanted to color with me.   She had a roll of scotch tape and markers in her hand but no paper.    When I asked her what she was going to color on she smiled mischievously and said..."Close your eyes...!"    

And that's all it took.  The part where I could close my eyes was what convinced me to play along.

I was playing with my daughter AND resting - all at the same time!  
I'm sure glad she knows how to color within the lines, those markers weren't washable!!!


It was the most relaxing 10 minutes of the day!!!
And look at this girl.   Doesn't she look like she had fun?


1 comment:

Lauren Andersen said...

fun! tanis, she is beautiful!