I'm without a camera for the next few days and have had to resort to using my phone a bit more to snap photos. I came across this one the other day, and though it is really too blurry to share, I think it typifies our evening "dinners with Nathan" perfectly!
Usually, when we call everyone to the table, Nate comes late, says "Hi" to Grandpa, looks over the array of food prepared, and then puts his head down and angrily sulks away. He's never interested in what I prepare for dinner, and I refuse to make something special just for him, or force him to eat something he doesn't want to. What to do? Despite the fact that a large part of our dinner hour is spent listening to Nate play with Sam's lego in the other room he usually manages to saunter back in towards the end of dinner hoping to score some dessert. But John and I are totally on to him;)
Lately though, we've discovered a few favorites that Nate can never refuse.
Corn on the cob, Watermelon and Bread and Butter are sure fire ways to get him to join us.
He also insists, on wearing his "bib" (the very bib he refused to wear as a baby, but suddenly can't eat without.) And, of course, he has to cut his toast up into little bite sized pieces.
Nobody can say our kids aren't refined and dignified! haha

No comments:
Post a Comment