Saturday, April 20, 2013

Time Out for Women

Last weekend we attended "Time Out for Women" in Lethbridge.   
It's basically a two day seminar, for women, in which we listen to mormon musicians and authors, and motivational speakers.     I've gone a couple of times before, and enjoy it, but this year I helped a bit AT it!   Jewel recruited us to join her team and help promote it.    (I didn't realize that Jewel had such a big hand in the behind the scenes work for this Lethbridge event, but then again, I really had little idea of what my role was to be either;)    haha.    

I ended up helping on Friday night (Jewel's team was in charge of the service project), LOVING the speakers (and the near front row seats we were given), AND enjoying great music.     Saturday though, I flaked out and found someone to fill in for me.    

Highlights of Friday were:
*  shopping with Crystal at the jean sale next door (when we were technically still on shift)
* collecting non perishable food items for the service project
* Getting to wear a cool tag because I was TOFW "staff." 
* Getting to go in doors and rooms that said "no public entry" and official stuff like that.
*  Watching Jewel manage her team of half a dozen women.    
* Watching as two women brought a BRA to Jewel and declared that they had to get it to "one of the presenters ASAP!"    haha.    (I still think they were just trying to get in without a ticket:)
* Listening to one of my favorite speakers, and falling in love with the violin!    
* Driving home with Crystal and learning of her horrendous TEXTING abilities!   Truly, truly Terrible.

All in all, it was a fun experience, and I'm glad I got to help with a small portion of it.   

No comments: