Thursday, April 4, 2013

Picnic in March

I recently offered to help a family in my ward, who were leaving for Easter Break, by taking their church cleaning assignment for that week.     I figured the kids would be happy to perform a little service, but in the end, Jessica was the only one willing to come with me.   The.only.one.   

She washed chalkboards, sprayed cleaner, and emptied ALL the garbage cans!

She was such a hard little worker, and to reward her for her help, I took her to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone.   (Only, ...she chose the Grilled Turkey Sandwich instead.)

We sat on the lawn in front of the temple, and had our first picnic of the year.   The wind was a bit cold, and the ground was still wet from recently melted snow, but Jess didn't seem to mind.   

I'm really praying this one NEVER grows up on me;)!

2 comments:

Lauren Andersen said...

how adorable and i am not at all surprised that you would offer to fill in for someone to clean the chapel!

CHEMTD said...

You and Jess are so awesome. We really appreciate you doing that!

- H