Monday, August 5, 2013

Fishing, Walleys Beach, and more!

On Wednesday John took the kids to a stocked fishing pond, that is owned by a man John works with. We had hoped that it would make up for the unsuccessful fishing trip in Glacier, a couple of days earlier.    We've brought our kids here before, and they LOVE it every time!


It looks like they had a bit of success, judging by the bend in Abby's fishing rod;)


I'm not sure if Sam actually caught this fish, or just insisted on holding it and pretending he caught it.


As if fishing in an old dugout wasn't exciting enough - one day we took them out to St.Mary's Reservoir (though we like to call it Walley's Beach) for some fun in the sand!  The weather had been kinda hit and miss all week, but we seemed to plan things at the right time, so that we could enjoy the warm sun whenever it did decide to shine.


It's been a year since we last came out here, and I felt kinda bad about that as soon as I saw how excited Nate was. 

  He sure had a blast playing in the water, destroying other people's sand creations, and being buried alive.

\\\

Speaking of sand creations.   Our niece Brooke really worked hard (with help;) to create this awesome castle!


John worked hard to create THIS!  haha


My favorite spot to be when we go to Walleys Beach is always sitting in a chair, under an umbrella, watching it all! ;) 


On Thursday we took the kids out to Joe's Cabin, which everyone really enjoyed.   
The little kids enjoyed the zip line, the older kids enjoyed riding on the four wheeler, and I enjoyed just lazing around listening to the quiet sound of leaves blowing int he wind, and water trickling by.   
 I LOVE getting away from the "hustle and bustle" of town!  haha  

We had hot dogs for supper, and then roasted Marshmallows for s'mores before heading back in to town.     Max and I were happy to see that the momma hummingbird is still in the area,  however the nest we saw weeks ago seems to be abandoned now, which makes us think that the baby birds have taken off.  

Such a relaxing night!


On Sarah and Dave's last day here, we took them out to St.Mary's for some fossil hunting.



The kids scoured those rocks in hopes of finding a dinosaur bone.


But in the end, all they found was this little garter snake!  EW!!!!!


The kids played with the snake for a few minutes before letting it go.  



I love the laid back days of summer, and LOVE that we got to spend a week with John's brother and his family!   

No comments: