Oh my goodness, where has summer gone!!!
Like really, where has it gone?
Perhaps (when I next have time to blog) I should recap all of the highlights of this past summer. Suffice it to say, the past two months have been Busy (note the capital B), fun, new, rich and so, so full!
On Tuesday my entire family headed off to school.
Well actually, not my entire family as Nate is still home with me. (Perhaps, when I next have time to blog, I should share the obligatory first day of school photos and blog about the fun adventures Nate and I have during our days together. There's just no time for recording all that fun stuff right now. It would appear that we are all sort of trying to find our way through this new thing called ROUTINE!

This biggest adjustment for the kids has been the implementation of a bedtime again.
Bed time has always been a bit of a gong show, but now it has morphed into a TWO HOUR long Gong Show!

"Bedtime" has once again become the time of day when John (if he's home) chooses to get the kids hyper... Jessica needs 25 books read to her... Abby begins to lament the fact that "someone who is 10 years old actually has to even have a bed time".... Nate makes a million trips to the bathroom... and Sam parades around the house wearing underwear on his head.

I made the mistake one night of taking a picture of Sam in one of his sillier moments, and it turned into a full on photo shoot. (ie: every time I opened his door to ask if he was going to bed - he was striking some crazy pose... with underwear on his head!!)
This particular one kinda scares me.

This one made me laugh.

Eventually though, the kids do fall asleep

But not after a LOT of goofing around, a lot of angry (albeit ignored) threats, and a lot of tears.

Eventually...they all get so tired though (from all that procrastinating I imagine) that they just sorta drop like flies into a deep slumber.
7:00 am comes awfully soon around here now!
1 comment:
Hahahahaha! Oh Sam!
Post a Comment