I've been doing a weekly journal for as long as I've been married, and I LOVE it! But darn it all, I feel so guilty whenever I get on my computer and see this poor neglected blog. Our life has been much busier, and actually is much more interesting then I've really described over the past couple of weeks, there just simply isn't time these days to "blog" like I used to. You know? And besides, who "blogs" any more anyways? ;)
My appreciation for it was rekindled yesterday when I came home from getting our weeks groceries (ahem...a weeks worth of groceries that I got for FREE by the way, thanks to my high accumulation of PC points;) and walked through the door. There on the couch in our front room sat John and all the kids. Snuggled up, reading through our blog book, laughing at all the memories. It was the sweetest thing, and as I stood there in the doorway, arms laden (with a weeks worth of free groceries;) I almost didn't want to interrupt them and demand a little help! But, I did...because I was about to drop the milk;)
Anyways...the bottom line is I LOVED seeing my family look back and reminisce about the sweet days of our past, and I resolved to be a little bit better at recording the every day moments again. No matter how mundane they might seem in the moment;)
So...here is our week:
We were thrilled when John received this super cool Can cooker in the mail for his Birthday. We'd enjoyed this cooking concept with Johns brother Aaron when we visited them in Utah this summer. Apparently Aaron knew our life would not be complete until we had one of our very own.
It is So cool!!!!!

What you do is open the top and throw in any and every vegetable imaginable.
Literally. Anything!
You could throw in corn on the cob, potatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, cabbage....ALL OF IT! Then you add some meat on top. Throw in some spice of choice, a bit of broth or liquid, and turn on the heat to medium.
It all steams for an hour.
Then you have your goofy husband dump it out into a large baking dish or two and oila!
Easiest, tastiest, and HEALTHIEST dinner ever!!!

Steamed vegetables and a bit of italian sausage.
The kids LOVED it, and exclaimed that we should eat with the can cooker every night!

And I bet you are pretty glad that I shared this with you eh?
See how valuable this little blog actually is!
Another exciting event of our week came when we decided to paint our basement.
Now when I say "exciting"... what I mean is that I "would have had more fun rubbing shards of glass in my eyes then paint our basement" - but alas it had to be done!
We got one room done and then decided to save the rest for another (equally exciting) time!
The board games have been making an appearance around here more frequently and I love the silliness that accompanies family game night! I'm not gonna lie- I have grown a little sick of the game CLUE, but that is only because John wins every time. And THAT's only because he's a cheater!!!
(I should know. I cheat too, and "it takes one to know one" ;)
The other day Jessica came up the stairs, plunked down beside me and with a heavy sigh she looked up at me and said, "Ahh....Life can be so difficult!" haha. She's SIX!!! What does she know about that?!!!!!
Truly, these kids make me laugh, and I'm grateful every day for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment