Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birthday Boys


It finally arrived!
The big day.
The moment we've ALL been waiting for....
(or at least the moment our youngest has been waiting for;)

Nate's BIRTHDAY!!!!!

After bawling and throwing tantrums during everyone else's birthday celebrations throughout the year- finally it was his turn. 

His special day included:  
* the obligatory Birthday Wall of fame
* ice cream treats from his little friend Gray
* a new T-shirt from Auntie Jewel that he will likely wear every day for the next 365 days
* presents galore
* and a lousy attempt at a Super Mario cake! 
(the cake looked awful, but slap on a sparkling candle, and it didn't matter one bit;)    

  

We all absolutely LOVE this kid, and the way he makes us laugh/cry/scream/pull our hair out and smile.   (Often all at the same time;)

It was kinda funny, after he blew out the candles on his cake, and as we were cutting up portions for everyone, Nate turned to John and asked,  "Dad?   When is my next birthday?  Is it almost my Birthday again?"    haha.   

Just 364 more days little guy;)


Of course, I can't write about Nate's birthday without also mentioning the special day of a certain THIRTY EIGHT year old that I now know!!   ;)     It might seem to John as though his birthday is overlooked by all the trick or treating, dressing up, and busy- ness that is Halloween - but he seems to take it all in stride;)    
So long as he gets his "Ghost shaped Carrot Cake" - he's a happy man!!!!

1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

Yes! I'm glad he FINALLY got his turn. I loved the Halloween pics too. JOhn's costume was seriously the best thing I've ever seen. And you can take that to the bank Jack!