Monday, November 24, 2014

"Oh Martha, ...Oh CHRISTMAS!!!"

Every year we set up the Christmas tree on November 11th.    (Unless we get a real tree and then we wait a couple of weeks but this year we didn't get a real tree, so November 11th it was, and now I'm just trying to make this the biggest run on sentence possible;)

The kids were SO stoked to get to use the Ridleys tree this year as ours is packed away.  (or perhaps we donated it to the Bargain Barn?)    


Abby made sure to crank up the Christmas tunes real loud, Nate had to get into his coziest jammies (in the middle of the afternoon;) and the kids all loved each other a little bit more the whole day long.   Setting up Christmas is seriously the happiest day in our home, in fact it can get downright cheezy!! 


I love getting the kids to bed and enjoying the soft glow of the Christmas lights with a snack that I've kept secret from them all day long good book and a blanket. 
  


I'm pretty sure that there is nothing better then this time of year!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Your place looks so cozy…I just realized the "Oh Martha…Oh Christmas!!!" quote--MASH???

Of course it is from MASH right?
ha ha ha.

Is there like an awesome christmas MASH episode that should be added to our holiday classic list that I am missing out on?

Tanis, John and Family said...

Oh Crystal, you've gotten a bit less accurate in your old age. It's from the GRINCH!!! ;)

Crystal said...

wow---i totally missed that one---I should have known.

suddenly a flood of memories of very entertaining jim carrey grinch impersonations is coming back to me.
--- may I request you do a VLOG post the next time you play "Movie Trivia".

Guaranteed I would have gotten it had I seen any one of your amazing and hilarious impersonations…seriously I can now think of several lines from that movie that you have mastered.