Sunday, August 26, 2018

In AWE of August

August brought some very fun experiences, a few of which will get just the briefest highlight below:

Naamtok:
Due to a scheduled appointment in the city, we were able to stop by Chad and Heathers house, which also means we were able to enjoy "the BEST meal ever known to mankind."   Naamtok!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I am in awe of the flavor in this dish, and in Heather's willingness to make it for us. 
It is seriously yummy x100.


Bat watching:
There was one impromptu evening in Waterton when we connected with Jewel's family.  The kids paddle boarded, ate s'mores, and told stories until the sun went down, thus giving stage for the Bats! 
We watched in awe as 20-30 bats began swooping down from the forest trees, over our heads to drink from the lake and catch insects.   They were everywhere!!!    Pretty darn cool!



I was absolutely in Awe of the hutterites this month.   John and I went out to pick up cucumbers for pickling and were so impressed with the system and community that exists out there.  They are crazy hard workers and always provide me with the veggies I need each year.   #50poundsofcukes



I am still in awe of the fact that John allowed our kids to babysit Chad's dog Orco.   We are a no pet family, despite all of our kids' begging and pleading.   It was kinda nice to have this little pooch wondering around though, and I am proud to admit that Orco liked ME bestest of all!


I am in awe of my kids and how capable and able they are.  (At least when forced to be;)
John and I have grown tired of Nathan's picky eating habits and have decided that we need to involve him in our dinner prep.  This past Sunday Jessica made the meatloaf and Nate made the baked potatoes.   Cha Ching!!



I found out this past week what mark I got on the Math Diploma exam that I wrote a few weeks back, and Awe of Awes (is that a phrase?) I got 80%!!!  I am not going to lie- I am 50% relieved and 100% shocked!  haha.   It is so nice to have that Math class finished and out of the way.  
Now- on to English and Psycology.   My English textbooks arrived in the mail this week.
Gulp!

No comments: