Friday, August 3, 2018

Chief

Two summers ago - we hiked Chief mountain.  
It was hard. (Gruelling actually)
It was hot.
It was long.

I remember thinking that I had never done a hike quite so discouraging as that one, and despite the fact that we have felt an incredible amount of satisfaction every time we look up at Chief and remember that day - my family and I have all wondered if we'd ever really get up there again!

Sam and Abby both had the opportunity to join our ward youth a few weeks back and make a return trip to the top.  I was a little nervous to let them go without John and I, but I had just had my surgery and John was building a fence.  


We loaded their hiking backpacks nice and heavy (hooray for over packing;) said a big prayer for them, and sent them on their way.  


Once again- it was hard.
It was hot.
It was long.

It was also an incredible experience that they have been lucky enough to enjoy twice now. 



I'm a little bit jelly;)

No comments: