This week has been a bit of a blur as Dad, Nate, and I adjusted to the new school rhythm. I’m tackling large class sizes (107 students over four classes) without an EA, which means I’ve been hopping around like a caffeinated rabbit. Dad, on the other hand, is basically living the teacher dream—one spare, one class with only three students, one physics 30 class, and a student teacher covering his other class. (Though, let’s be real, letting a student teacher “do his thing” is its own kind of trial for Dad.) Add volleyball season to the mix, and he’s carrying his cross. We all are. ;)
Speaking of challenges, Nate is learning the art of living solo. I love him. I admire him. He’s poured his heart into the grey car, and I think it’s safe to say he and that car will be very happy together. Volleyball kicked off this week, too—Dad coaching, Nate playing, and even floating with the Varsity team. He’s doing his best to keep busy and, in true Nate fashion, involve me in his life. Case in point: the day he hand-delivered me a cup of his own urine. Why? No explanation. Just… a gift of sorts.
Life at home looks a little different now. The house is cleaner, my makeup hasn’t gone missing once since Jess left, and we’re all tucked into bed by 10:30. But, oh, how we miss you three. The quiet lingers as a constant reminder that our family isn’t quite complete without all of you.
Love you more than clean counters and full makeup bags,
Mom






No comments:
Post a Comment