Thursday, September 6, 2007

Time out!!

Sunday Sept 9th 2007

I just got back from Calgary late last night. I had the BEST time with my sisters. Jewel and I left our husbands to fend for themselves and the kids while we went up to stay with Crystal. We got some shopping done, ate lots, ate some more, visited my mom and dads grave, and attended a portion of "Time out for Women." I ran into so many old friends there from pretty much every place John and I have ever lived. I feel like we accomplished an awful lot and it is amazing how much you can do without kids:)

Thank you Crystal for the awesome place to stay, and thanks Heather and Chad for always feeding something delicious. The Thai subs and drinks were AMAZING!

I did miss Sam and Abby A LOT though, and by the time we started back home on Saturday night, that van couldn't get me to them fast enough! I felt rejuveniated though and when I walked through my front door, the kids were such an awesome sight. Abby ran to me and the first thing she said was, "Mom! I was good, and I shared with Sam EVERY TIME!" Hmmm. How about "it's so nice to see you?" Nope-must've had something to do with the fact that I promised her a prize if she'd be good for Daddy. She doesn't miss a beat.

Speaking of "beats," we attended a ward party earlier in the week. It was held out at the "Great Canadian Barn Dance." We had such a fun time and Abby and Sam Loved dancing. Watching Sam made me think of a comment his Uncle Jordan had made that "Sam definately dances to the beat of his own drum."

It was nice to see Johns brother and his wife this week and their little daughter Libby. Here is a photo of Abby with Libby. They had just come from Hawaii!



Other exciting news this week was the arrival of another little neice named Brooklyn. She came almost one month early but we are thrilled that she is doing so well, and we can't wait to see her!!


It was a fun week and now it is back to the busyness that is our life. Abby officially starts preschool tomorrow, dentist appointments, work, weeding and the fact that we woke up frozen this morning has us worried.


Our little furnace seems to be a little broken. After hours of deliberation with John about this I determined that our furnace problems just might have something to do with the burnt wires and smokey smell. Now we need to get someone in to give us a more educated assessement then that one. This doesn't look good. Ahhh...I think I NEED A TIME OUT!!:))))

No comments: