I love this time of year!! The weather has cooled significantly and already some of the leaves on our trees are starting to change color. I often find myself savoring the little things that make this season a personal favorite.
It has seemed like we've enjoyed a week of FIRSTS in our little family.
* We finally completed painting our "first" home. John and I tackeled this project wanting to get it done quickly... and we did. In two days (or should I say nights:) our walls had a lovely shade of either dune white or kingsport grey. It is funny what a facelift a coat of paint can give, and now only those who saw the walls beforehand will ever appreciate how they look now. Glad that is finished!
* John had his first day of work this past week. School began on the 29th and he is officially MR. Hardy. On Thursday I needed to drop something off for him and as I glanced into his Chem class and saw him teaching I couldn't help but think he was definately the "Coolest" teacher that I'd ever seen.
* I went fishing this week, and for the first time ever brought along 6 kids. (Two of my own and four of their friends) That obviously marks my first mental relapse as well. Needless to say nothing was caught, and I likely will never do that again:))
* Abby had her 1st day at pre-school. She spent Wednesday morning at the school meeting some of the staff and being assessed by them. She is such a bright little girl and she is so excited to finally be going to school! As a parent, I LOVED watching this little girl...MY FIRST...do so well.
* Sam got stung by a wasp for the first time. What is with the wasps this year? Has anyone managed to NOT get stung?
Jessica...well okay no firsts for her this week. But trust us, she's as adorable as ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment