Friday, December 28, 2007

There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, than a good marriage

Today John and I celebrated our six year anniversary. John's Dad, two of his brothers, their wives and two kids came over to babysit for us this evening. Now that may seem like overkill as far as babysitting goes, but they obviously know Sam. The more hands...the better eh;) We loved our semi-annual trip out without the kids. Thanks everyone who watched our little ones.

John and I have often reflected on this past year and we honestly don't know if we will ever have another year where we have experienced so much change. It has at times, been a wee bit stressful. A new baby, a move, a new career, (a VERY busy new career), as well as the purchase of our first home and all the work that entails. On top of that, we each experienced the death of one of our parents and the pain that comes along with that. This year has flown by, and at times we have felt like we were barely hanging on.
However I cannot think of another person on this earth that I would have wanted to go through this year (or eternity for that matter) with more than John.

I ordered a peice of art awhile back and it has not yet arrived, though I was hoping it would come in time for me to give it to John today. It is a simple print titled Bridge over Troubled Water (by Steven Mitchel) and I just love it. Isn't it just so soothing to look at. Perhaps that is why I felt so inclined to get it for John this year. That is what John has been to me. Strong, dependable, and he always manages to ensure that we are headed in the right direction in life. Thanks for being the "bridge" in our family; the one that keeps us warm and safe from whatever is going on around us ...oh yeah, and thank you for sometimes letting me walk all over you. I love you.

Happy Anniversary John. I can't WAIT for 6 more (X 8 or so)!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Dick Family said...

Congratulations you guys! What a year you have had! I love the print too!

Laura Leavitt said...

ok first.....the picture of Sam below is so cute.
Happy anniversary. You guys are so cute together. It is nice to know that other peopel have challenges too . Sometimes I feel like we are the only one in the world that have challenges.......pretty silly. The picture is so awesome.