Thursday, January 31, 2008

The life of...?


I am attending a book club in two weeks in which we are required to come prepared to share our book. (a biography of our choice to be exact) I had selected a biography on Pablo Picasso, and it just wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. It didn't capture much about his "life" it just discussed his work. His work was often dark and abstract. I don't know if I'd have much to share about him, other than to just show some of his art. The good part about reading this book was that by the end of it, I felt totally inspired to take a minute and draw a bit myself. This picture above is my version of Picassos 1922. Mother and Child. (Yes I spend my time copying other peoples art. I have no imagination), the only difference is that mine I did with lead and charcoal and his was done with oil. It felt good to pull out the pencils for an hour. It must be the -30 degree weather. He was an amazing artist!


The problem now is that I really feel the need to find a new biography to share at this book club meeting. But who? I have a couple ideas, but no person has really stood out yet. What about you? If you had the chance to sit down and read about someone's life, who would you chose to read about?

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I like writers, especially women writers. I would probably choose to read about Louisa May Alcott, Lucy Maude Montgomery, Jane Austen, Charlotte Yonge, or Elizabeth Gaskell. Good luck finding a biography to read!

David and Cheryl said...

You did such an amazing job on your drawing! You are quite talented! I've always liked Goldie Hawn as an actress and I was able to read her biography which was really neat and inspiring! Good luck with your search!

Anonymous said...

Queen Victoria is my pick. Very interesting biography!

Anonymous said...

So, my birthday is coming up and well..........just thought I'd let you know. ha ha ha. Totally amazing Tanis. I LOVE IT. Sure wish some of that artistic talent came my way!

Nikki said...

Yehudi Menuhin: Unfinished Journey is a fav. He's one of the worlds premier violinists and I think he's too cool for school.