Monday, January 28, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Hip HIp Horray it is snow day today!! John's boss phoned this morning and told him to just sleep till noon if he could. I LOVE it when there is no school. It means an extra set of hands to help for one more day. Abby is going to be dissappointed that there is no pre-school however but since John is around...I'll get him to break it to her:)

On a different note, I was very sad to learn about the passing of President Gordon B Hinckley last night. He has been the prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints since 1995. He was truly an amazing man and leader, and I will miss hearing him speak. I thought this was a good summary I found in the church news:


"SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - He was in his late 90s. He arrived at the
office early and often left late. He traveled the world at a
breathtaking
pace and kept up a speaking schedule that would drain the energy of men
decades younger. "I would enjoy sitting in a rocker listening to soft
music
and contemplating the things of the universe," President Hinckley once
told
the Associated Press. "But such activity offers no challenge and makes
no
contribution."


It is amazing and inspiring to think of what some people in this world manage to accomplish in their own lifetime. It makes
me want to strive to be a little bit more productive than I am perhaps being.

1 comment:

Dick Family said...

We have been enjoying our snow days too! Yesterday we made doughnuts! I too was so sad to hear about President Hinckley...You know, for someone who was 95 yrs old, it shouldn't have been so shocking...but it was, I miss him! Enjoy your snow!