Brace yourself. We've had a busy week...I've got lots of pictures...and I'm in the mood to talk! I'm afraid this little recap is going to be, well...not-so-little:)
So the school students down here are enjoying a week off. And when there is no school...John has no prep...no marking, no early mornings. Aaahhhhh-this is when being married to a school teacher rocks! We've had a lot of fun with him and others this week. Some of John's family came last weekend to visit and we all went cross-country skiing in Waterton. A big thanks to them all for making that fun trip happen. It was so beautiful and WARM, and just great to get out in the fresh air and enjoy some great company too. Jessica was quite content to be carried on John's or my back. Sam and Abby were equally content so long as they too were being carried! By the end of the day John and I had a renewed determination to get our kids out more doing stuff like this so they don't become complete wuss'! (is that how I say that? Wussie? Wusses?) Bottom line...we have ventured out on the skis a couple of times since, and they are enjoying it more and more each time. The weather has been amazing
Family day was perfect. My sister Crystal and her son came down to visit for the weekend. It was great to see them and to hang out together at Jewel's house. If I get permission, I plan to post a recipe for the BEST BBQ pizza Jewel created. I'm telling ya, Hmmm-mmmm! It was loaded with BBQ sauce, chicken, corn, and black beans, topped with cheese! Oh, look at that, there you have it...the recipe:) After lunch, we all went to a local carnival that was put on by a business here in town. The kids got their faces painted, toured a museum, got some funny shaped balloons, and played some great carnival style games. We took them home tired...painted, and full of sugar. Later that day we all built some snowmen together outside. The warm weather has helped make the snow perfect for building!
Other activites accomplished this week were: skating as a family, trips to the library, baking, gathering all of our tax info, watching the awesome lunar eclipse (wasn't that cool!) and celebrating Jessicas 1st birthday!
Yes that is right our little baby turned 1 yesturday. It seems a little anti-climatic to just mention her at the end of this post...she deserves a lot more fanfare than this. There is something about Jessica that just lights up our little family. So often I see little individual characteristics in each of my children that I think could, one day, be great talents and abilities. She is such a happy little soul. I think that is a gift of hers, and hopefully she'll carry that happiness and positivity with her throughout her life. This has been a big year for us, one with many changes, and I'm so grateful that Jessica has been here, our little "ray of sunshine" through it all!
Happy Birthday Jess!!!
4 comments:
Great post Tanis! Happy B-day Jess! Love the collage you made of her. You are so talented!!!!! (I'm always 10 steps behind you)
im glad you guys are doing great. we miss you guys up here!
Sounds like an awesome week! That's great that you had a fun week with John! Happy Birthday Jessica! Can't wait to get that pizza recipe!
Cross country skiing is a favorite, that I have not done for (gasp) 12 years. Guess it's not such a favorite after all. lol.
Post a Comment