Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Idea

Don't worry-I don't actually like this template. I will be changing it soon... I have just grown tired at the moment of playing around with it. There is a reason why I don't scrapbook.

I did want to quickly post a fun recipe idea that we came across. Something about John is that he LOVES smoothies. He'd make one every day if he could. Recently I found a recipe on Laura's blog for "Shrek Smoothies." If I had the energy I'd link it, but I don't, so just know that it is basically a fruit smoothie with SPINACH in it. Spinach!!! Now, you might not think a smoothie with spinach in it would be any good-but you'd be wrong. It was Delicious!

This apparently got the juices flowing in John's brain because last night as we were looking for stuff to throw into our drink, you'll never guess what made it into the blender.





A bag of frozen BEETS! Have you ever heard of that? We hadn't, but we gleefully watched as the kids downed every last drop. Try it, and then tell us "yay or nay."

Here's what we did: We made up the recipe. Basically we had 1/2 a can of orange concentrate. One banana. One handful of cranberries, and about 1 1/2 cups of beets. And some ice. Good luck!

6 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

so what all is in it? People think the spinach smoothie is so weird...but it really is so good so I am totally willing to try a beet one. I love watching my kids eat such healthy food.....espeacially when they enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

We made up the recipe. Basically we had 1/2 a can of orange concentrate. One banana. One handful of cranberries, and about 1 1/2 cups of beets. And some ice. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, on a scale of 1-10, how good was that beet shake? We've got some so I'm willing to give it a try!

David and Cheryl said...

It just happens that my kiddies love SHREK! They were sitting beside me as I read this post and as soon as they saw the word.. they instantly wanted a Shrek smoothy. Please will you tell me how you made it. Thank you! Also, I love the new look!

CHEMTD said...

I would like to say yay, but as I lost my mind yesterday, I just need to clarify--frozen beets, not pickled! Yikes!
-H

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! Frozen. FROZEN!! Pickled beets in a smoothy. ...now that's absurd;) Happy birthday by the way.