Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Turkey has landed!

In other words - our furnace is here!!!! Can I just say how nice it is to have heat. Now it may seem like I've complained a lot about our lack of heat, but believe me, I haven't complained as much as I've wanted to!

Looking back I'm amazed that John and I were able to keep the kids healthy and semi-happy over the past two weeks. I might actually venture to say the kids enjoyed parts of our little cold spurt.





To keep warm at night-we moved our bed into the kids room. Their room is the warmest in the house, and we also felt that all of us together would generate more heat. The kids, as you can see above, LOVED the idea of having a trampoline in their room.

I as well will miss those nice evenings when John and I would sit around the fire and talk of warmer days. And when I say "fire" I mean the cozy and romantic glow of the space heater. Ahh.... I'm so GLAD that is over.

7 comments:

Dick Family said...

HORRAY! Heat is good :) Those pictures are hillarious! Leave it to kids to make the best (and have fun) in any situation! You'll have to remember those warm fuzzy memories in years to come!

shauna said...

Thanks Tanis...now my kids want us to move our bed into their room so we can jump off the top bunk too. They love seeing all the pictures of your kids so I guess that means we should plan some more adventures for this summer so they can get together again. I forget if I already asked you about Thunder in the Valley...it is July 19 and a blast. We make it a whole day of fun...let us know if you want to join us.

Paula said...

I can't believe you didn't have heat for a few weeks! How did you survive? I love your new blog layout. Jenna loves looking at your blog (we do too!).

Joanna said...

Glad your furnace is there. looks fun jumping off the bunk-beds!
Hey -how'd you get the photo on the top of your blog? it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have heat again. By the way, AWESOME family photo at the top of your blog page. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

CHEMTD said...

Happy birthday Tanis!

Anonymous said...

Yea, for heat!! A big, happy birthday to you! I hope you have a seriously wonderful day.