Friday, June 6, 2008

Visits with the family

Our trip to Calgary was a blast. It was great to see Crystal and to spend some time with her beautiful family. The kids LOVED being there. Her oldest boy Chaim is getting so big and he sure did well with having three VERY rowdy kids invade his space. What a trooper.


One day the kids and I went to visit my brother Chad and his wife. Let me tell you something about his wife Heather. Every time we go she is always whipping up the most amazing food. I mean... good! So naturally I felt inclined to stay...oh all afternoon and evening. Perhaps they had other plans? I'll never know. We spent the day drinking "Roy Rogers" and watching old episodes of the Office. We did take a nice break though to slip away to Walmart. I always feel so good there!!! After that it was right back to the couch for more episodes of the Office, only this time we were drinkin "Mojitos" and eating chicken salad. Is that not the perfect way to relax? The kids? Oh yeah...they were fine...uh playing...or something. ;)


This is the amazing drink called a Mojito. I plan to make lots this summer!


We crammed a lot of shopping into our stay up there. I took the kids to see my Mom and Dad's grave one afternoon. One day we stopped by Peters Drive Thru for some milkshakes. My Dad often took us to Peters and it was fun to see how popular it still is. I ordered 4 shakes for us all. For some reason I don't think the kids quite appreciated how amazing these shakes are. Perhaps that is because they didn't have the sucking power to actually get anything OUT of the straw. Poor kids sat their slurpin and slurpin and never could get a taste. Well that was great. Only $15 worth of milkshake and they were barely even able to enjoy it the way your supposed to. Oh well, it was a nice thought. You can't put a price on that!

We were able to visit with John's brother Ben and his wife Katherine. Abby and Sam were so excited to be there I don't think they stopped chattering the entire time.
Anyways fun time in the city. We loved seeing so much family and are so grateful for all of their hospitality and kindness. It's nice to be home.

1 comment:

CHEMTD said...

It was great to see you Tan. Next time you need to bring John with you.

- C