Sunday, July 6, 2008

One Day in...all is good!

Greetings from the middle of NOWEHRE! Actually to be more specific – we are in Pocatello. We started our two and a half week long vacation this morning,, and I quickly realized that if we are going to remember everything about our trip I was going to have to maintain a journal. A travel log of all our adventures, no matter how small! I figured it would be a good way for our family and loved ones specifically to stay on top of all that we are enjoying and doing, and to reassure my very thoughtful and worried sister that we are alright. Crystal – so far ….all is well☺

The first day of driving went amazingly well. No arguments…no tantrums…no carsickness (touch wood). Of course that might have something to do with the fact that the kids were each given 2.5 mls of Gravol before we left. Not sure if they needed it or not. …Don’t judge me.:)))

We got to the hotel here early this evening and it is so much FUN! I LOVE LOVE LOVE staying in hotels.. Yeah I know they don’t wash the comforters but I don’t care. Something about a hotel stay just makes me so excited. As soon as we arrived the kids …and their mom.:) …started jumping all over the place. On the bed…off the walls…. I think we were all glad to be out of a van.

Some things we’ve learned since leaving the promised land: (Canada that is)

• Doritos and Dora Fruit snacks can go a long way and work miracles.
• The church website’s (www.lds.org) ward info and meeting times are not updated. Just in case you are ever traveling on a Sunday and think you could catch a sacrament meeting somewhere. Don’t count on it.
• I take for granted the No Smoking bylaws that blanket Alberta.
• John is usually right. Although it is true that in a marriage “teamwork” is important- that does not apply to reading maps. In such cases, I should just let John do his thing.
• The Idaho Falls temple is beautiful!
• Being “stuck” in a car with John and my kids …so far…has been heaven on earth!



Well I guess that is all for now. We will update this later once we have some “Real” adventures to write about.

Jewel…how’s the garden? Just kidding. I’m really not worried.

Gotta go now. We are going swimming. Yeah I know it is Sunday but after spending all day in the van…the kids have earned it. Besides, John agrees – so that makes it right☺ I LOVE holiday John – he’s so fun!!!

4 comments:

shauna said...

Ah! So fun! Have a wonderful time...and I look forward to hearing about all your adventures. Not that you have time but I am back. Ward History is done! YAY!! I'm with you on the hotel thing. I love them. Good luck with the traveling tomorrow...

Crystal said...

Tan it sounds like you guys are having a great time...I miss you guys soo much already....I must have needed to call you at least a dozen times yesterday to talk about something or another...are you really sure you want to be gone from your garden for sooo long...maybe you should come back sooner...just kidding, but keep up with the updates...you are halarious. and it looks like you are having a GREAT TIME...Give abby, sam, and Jess hugs and kisses from us...We love you.

CHEMTD said...

Tanis that sounds like so much fun! Holiday John sounds so awesome. We really miss you guys and its great to get these updates.

By the way, Jewel is really stressed about looking after your garden. She told me that it is the most amazing garden she's ever seen - I think her exact words were "imagine the nicest garden you can think of, and times that by ten."

She was up here the other day and didn't compliment our garden at all...

Anonymous said...

What garden?????