Can you invision that? I had to describe it in that light so that you would understand that at that point the only thing I was thinking about was getting these kids to the van. And fast.
A few days later I go to buy a copy of the local paper that comes out every Thursday and look who made the front page!

I looked at this and all I could think is, "you've got to be kidding." Right there, taking up the entire front page is our happy little family. I had to scan this into our computer so you might not be able to see it clearly. We are all there - John, kindly holding the door open for an elderly couple, Jess, Abby.... and me with a scowl on my face and my son practically in a headlock!!! Ahhh! We didn't even know someone was taking our picture. Trust me I would have atleast SMILED while restrianing my three year old. Just my luck to. One bad moment, and WHAM there's someone lurking down the street with a ZOOM lense.
I mean honestly Mr. Paparrazi: I'm fine with being on the front page and all. Really. Next time could you just wait 2 SECONDS for a better shot. Deal?
Of more importance, I should share some exciting news. For months now we have talked about getting a second vehicle. We have talked and talked about it. Would we actually use two cars? Shouldn't we walk more? Is it worth it? Can we afford it? yadda yadda yadda. I for one have always been for getting a second car, primarily because I've grown tired of waking the kids up on those cold winter mornings just to get John to school by 7:00. Mind you, we aren't struggling with that issue yet as the weather has been nice and John is happy to walk. However with John coaching there are weekly games and tournaments which usually means he's getting home late (real late) and phoning me to come get him, which I'm happy to do, but the kids are all snug in their beds snoring logs by this point. What to do? I was glad when John finally took matters into his own hands this week, and got us a second vehicle:
The thing is...we just can't park it at our house!
He went and got his class 2 and now he is a liscenced bus driver, (which will come in handy on those nights he has games). We are so proud of you honey!
So you see. He's got his wheels, and I've got mine.
Who says I can't compromise?
6 comments:
Ha ha, Tan that is soo funny. I love sam...And really, I think the candid shot is quite cute--your hair looked great too. Congrats to John for becomming a Bus Driver. Tell us next time he is up our way for a game.
Your latest family photo looks perfectly fine to me Tanis. You could just tell people that Sam was disappointed that there was no option to vote for the Rhinoceros or any other party named after an animal.
ha ha...Oh man Tanis...I can completly sympathize with you...my life sounds like that!!! We went out for dinner on Friday night and people decided (after 20 seconds of sitting beside us) that it would be better to eat elsewhere...How embarrassing for you though...front page! But oh well...they don't know the WHOLE story! Great wheels John!
Oh Tanis...Way to exercise your democracy. Sounds like a hysterical day to me! Sorry! ;) And nice wheels...my parents were hippyish enough that they would pimp out school buses into motor homes, trust me...this is cooler.
I love reading your posts, you always are able to turn a frantic moment and turn it into something you can chuckle at. Congrats to John. So are you gonna have enough kids to fill that bus? Hehe :)
What a funny post! I can always count on your blog entries for a good, cheer-me-up laugh! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment