Take this afternoon for example. Our local forecasters are predicting snow for the weekend. Now although this has me totally STOKED at the thought of the first snowfall of the year, it has increased my resolve to get our yard work done in time. The goal today was to mow the grass. Now if you've seen our house you'll understand that mowing is no small task. We do have a tractor mower which is nice, but there is a lot of prep work. First I spent an hour or so raking the entire lawn. Then I packed up the hoses, cut down the flower beds and raked there, I whipped around every tree trunk and edge, and then finally I proceeded to mow. After mowing for about 45 minutes I paused to survey my work, and for the life of me I could not figure out why the lawn looked exactly the same. I continued mowing for 20 minutes more wondering if the blades were just dull or was there something wrong. Why was the grass not any shorter. After an hour of this I realized that the grass would look shorter if I'd remember to actually DROP THE BLADE!!! I had spent ALL that time just DRIVING over the lawn. So I then went over the lawn a second time...only this time, I actually cut the grass!
Abby has been sick for a couple of days. Nothing major, you know just a cold. Itchy eyes. Swelling around the eyes. ...Incredibly Pink. After a day of this I decided maybe I should perhaps take her in to get her looked at. The diagnosis: PINK EYE and an ear infection. Not only that but Sam and Jess were both diagnosed with the same as well.
I wish I'd thought of Pink Eye as a possibility BEFORE I sent Abby to school yesturday. I love being the mother of the SICKO. Now when the entire morning Kindergarten class gets sick all the parents will know that it was because of me! Worse then that is the fact that I know that I now can never look at other parents judgementally and say, "As if you'd send your kid to school sick!" Yup. I am that mom. My youngest girl has been insisting on wearing her swimsuit. It doesn't matter what the weather is like or where we are headed - she wants her suit on. I know it's a little redneck, wearing a swimsuit over your pants and sweater, but what I care more about right now is avoiding a fight. So...swimsuit it is! ...for the fourth day in a row.
But you know it's all good. Infact I've noticed some similar things about John the past few days. He may not appreciate me saying this but I did notice that when he went to the priesthood broadcast the other day- he only wore a white shirt and tie, instead of the three peice suit he'd normally wear to a priesthood meeting. And last night -get this - last night, he came home carrying goods that he'd neglected to pay for! Sure, he obviously felt bad bout it as he rushed back to the store to pay for it, but hey, Shoplifting is still Shoplifting!
So you see, I may not be at the top of my game these days, but I'm not alone in that. And that gives me a whole lot of comfort!
5 comments:
I think it's the weather...I'm totally off too! The swimsuit is hillarious!!! Sounds like you have quite a strong willed one on your hands!
Hilarious!! Must be a full moon. I love that you drove that long on your lawn mower before you realized what was happening. Makes for a good laugh :) Hope your kids get feeling better soon.
It totally has to be something in the air! I have been completely off the mark as well these last few weeks! (At least yours is only a few days!:o)) I've completely lost my memory and it feels as though I have no hands... everything in my life is being dropped!
Hopefully the stars will line up again and things will get back in order for us!
Don't worry about the swimsuit sit. We too have had our swimsuit debate; along with princess shoes, crowns, goggles, and jammies!
In the words of President Monson, " find Joy in the Journey!"
Take care
I'm pretty sure it's because we're gone and you guys don't know what to do with yourselves!! hahaha...don't worry though, the suffering is almost over! :)
I've left my house twice this week WITHOUT my purse! I never leave my house without my purse. I am paranoid about it. It must be catching and I caught it from reading this post!
Post a Comment