Monday, November 10, 2008

Because we don't want to get struck by lightning...

The day after Halloween we noticed Christmas decorations on the front lawns of residents here in town.  Over the past week, the number of festive houses has increased and Abby has taken notice!  It has become a routine every morning as I drive her to school, to have her ask why we don't get to set up our decorations like everyone else.   I usually reasure her that ours will be up soon enough, we are just waiting for the snow to come.  (Really I'm waiting for a sudden burst of energy, that's all)  This routine conversation took a turn for the worse the other day when Abby confided that she really does not like the Christmas tree that we used last year.  It's too small.   She wants one that is at least taller than Daddy.  She actually has an idea of what she wants...in fact, she knows the very tree she wants.  We pass by it every morning and Abby dramatically but seriously sighs and says, "Oh mom, I REALLY want Daddy to cut that one for us!"  or "It'd be perfect."

I brought the camera along with me today so I could show you Abby's perfect tree. We had to spend some time explaining to her just WHY we couldn't use this particular one.




And Yes- that is the temple in the back ground!

3 comments:

shauna said...

Funny! You could always tell Abby there is no new tree unless it comes pre-lit...which temple trees do not!

I love how the kids give us so much blogging material!

Matt and Amie said...

Hey she has good taste and knows how to pick a good tree. That looks like a perfect Christmas tree! That is so cute.

Dick Family said...

ha ha...yeah, good luck with that one! Too funny!