I told my sister in law, Rachel, that I would post the recipe for a dish I made tonight for my family. It's called Cheeseburger Casserole, and you know what? It really does taste just like a hamburger. I don't think I've ever made a casserole with pickles in it ...but it works. So if you like that sort of thing then this is a fun recipe to try.
INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef (LEAN is a MUST)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet (I used the bread sticks)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame seed
Add to Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pickles, water, ketchup, mustard and pepper.
Spoon beef mixture into 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Unroll dough; press into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 squares; place on top of cheese. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
2 comments:
Well that does sound interesting enough to make...I'll give it a try!
It always surprises me how much I enjoy these "cheeseburger" recipes. I had a cheeseburger pizza once with the pickles and stuff on it and really liked it. I wonder if I can find that recipe? I'll have to try this sometime soon!
Post a Comment