Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This JUST in!

Isn't it funny when there is news to tell- it doesn't take long to get it out! I'd like to think that I don't dapple in gossip yet this post is bound to prove otherwise.
First I must explain my afternoon yesturday. It was a beautiful sunny day and so my sister in law and I decided to take our kids out to Waterton. It's been way too long since I've been there. Infact the last time I'd been out to Waterton it was November and we'd had a great time eating lunch at the Kilmorey lodge while snowflakes fell outside the window. It was perfect. So yesturday we decided to try that again. The lunch at Kilmorey was a lot of fun. Abby enjoyed coloring, and Jessica stared out the window and did everything BUT sit still:) After lunch we drove around the townsite a bit, took a few pictures and came home.



Today. The Kilmorey lodge is gone. It burned down during the night. If any of you have ever visited Waterton, that lodge is the first one you pass by as you enter the town. Such a sad turn of events, as that had become a favorite place for the kids and I. I'm so glad we got to enjoy it one last time.



On to other news:


I visited Abby's classroom today as the parent helper. I always enjoying being around kids in a school setting. Today as I was helping at one table, Abby came and sat down beside me, pulled my head down to her level and said:



Abby: "Mom! cameron* (I figured I'd better change these kids names:) is in LOVE with me. ...and it's for REAL."

Me: ....pause....Is he? How do you know this?

Abby: "He told Hope, and she told me."

Me: (noticing that Abby is smiling from ear to ear, I can't think of anything to say)

Abby: "And mom. Mark* and Mike* KISSED me today."

ME: Hmmm. Like on the cheek right?

Abby: "No. Here. (as she points to her lips)

ME: PANICKING!!!! "ok, Abby....no more kissing. do you understand that."

Abby: "Ok"



At this point Abby ran off to play and I made a mental promise that I would start being the parent helper AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one!


Not 10 minutes later though, one of the boys (AKA the KISSER) looked up at me and said, "Your nose is really BIG."
That is when I vowed to NEVER be a parent helper again:)



There you have it. The latest gossip from this neck of the woods.

The loss of a historic landmark, Abby's first kiss, and apparantly my nose is big. Some news more ground breaking then other news,

yet all three facts very, VERY sad.

12 comments:

shauna said...

Oh that kid made me chuckle...only because Olivia is calling my nose big lately.

I heard about the Kilmorey this morning and thought of you. Glad you got to enjoy it one more time.

Wow...kissing in kindergarten! And REAL love...these kids grow up too fast!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's too funny Tanis. Abby did have a look about her today, I was just thinking she looked more "grown up" than before! (ps, at least that girl wasn't drawing a picture of you... I once had a little girl draw a picture of me and I was "so big" (you should have seen the nose she gave me!) that it required TWO pieces of paper even.

Kids say the darn-dest things!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I meant at least that "BOY" didn't draw a picture of yuou!

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant "you".

As if I get paid to type!

Melissa said...

I guess you were inspired to go to Waterton for one last visit to the lodge. Too bad though!!
Cute story about Abby!!

David and Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness! HA HA! Can you hear me bustin' a gut?! :) Those are the funniest little stories ever! Kids do say the darndest things! If it makes you feel better, I was once asked by a youngster why my teeth were yellow...that was a really sad day :( (note to self at time: whiten teeth or no more smiling)I'm glad you were able to enjoy and capture one last fond memory of the Kilmorey Lodge. It's crazy how fast things can change!

Lorin said...

That's too bad about the Kilmorey Lodge. You must feel lucky to have visited there on its last day.

Dick Family said...

ha ha...oh man Tanis you're way too funny!!!!

Leslie said...

This is why I homeschool. No kissing! :) I had a friend who "got married" in elementary school. I don't remember what grade. The boy was a wrestler. Seriously. Watched wrestling every chance he got. Dressed like one too. I'm not sure why she picked him. Just wanted to warn you. "First comes love (which involves kissing), then comes marriage....." better watch out for that Abby

Nikki said...

I would have responded to the little guy..."Ya, and dude, I rock it"

I'm so bummed about the lodge! We loved that place and they had fantastic food! :(

Paula said...

hilarious!! i love volunteering-it's always interesting! Jenna knows who she is gonna marry already (she "just likes everything about him!"). what do you do?? let me know if you know. so funny!

Paula said...

I somehow skipped over the kilmorey lodge part...i can't believe that! How ironic that you went the day before. I hope they rebuild it.