I remember a year ago mentioning to my Brother that John and I had never taken our kids camping.
Never. Not once.
When I asked him if that was "Bad" of us his response was simply, "Well...it is sorta poor parenting..."
It's not that John and I don't enjoy camping. In fact we both agree that it is one of our favorite things to do. It just always seemed like too much work to get the WHOLE family out there.
This weekend all of my Toone family is getting together at my Uncles little spot by Beazer. It's guaranteed to be a great time, and if nothing else we will be able to say that we have done "what every GOOD parent does with their families."
Never. Not once.
When I asked him if that was "Bad" of us his response was simply, "Well...it is sorta poor parenting..."
It's not that John and I don't enjoy camping. In fact we both agree that it is one of our favorite things to do. It just always seemed like too much work to get the WHOLE family out there.
This weekend all of my Toone family is getting together at my Uncles little spot by Beazer. It's guaranteed to be a great time, and if nothing else we will be able to say that we have done "what every GOOD parent does with their families."
Still before we leave I have to:
Make Rice Krispie Squares
Pack Salad ingredients
Find Kids toques (because it's going to be chilly tonight!)
Find sleeping bags for all (Jess is NOT happy that her sleeping bag does not have diego on it like Sam's)
Buy matches and propane
Fill up the van
Pack Salad ingredients
Find Kids toques (because it's going to be chilly tonight!)
Find sleeping bags for all (Jess is NOT happy that her sleeping bag does not have diego on it like Sam's)
Buy matches and propane
Fill up the van
Try once again to covince Sam that he must wear underpants while camping
Pack all of our clothes
Towels and Swimsuits
Practice the nose flute for our family number (don't ask:)
Weed the garden- I can't leave until that is done.
Clean the house.
Ok who am I kidding- the "clean the house" part is sadly going to have to wait one more weekend. I don't remember the last time I've dusted.
But that isn't going to happen today.
All of this while dealing with three VERY excited kids who keep asking every 10 minutes, "Can we go YET?"
Here is a bit of truth for you all:
"Insanity IS hereditary. You get it from your KIDS!!"
Pack all of our clothes
Towels and Swimsuits
Practice the nose flute for our family number (don't ask:)
Weed the garden- I can't leave until that is done.
Clean the house.
Ok who am I kidding- the "clean the house" part is sadly going to have to wait one more weekend. I don't remember the last time I've dusted.
But that isn't going to happen today.
All of this while dealing with three VERY excited kids who keep asking every 10 minutes, "Can we go YET?"
Here is a bit of truth for you all:
"Insanity IS hereditary. You get it from your KIDS!!"
Have a Great Weekend!
5 comments:
We are going on our first 'family' camping trip in a couple weeks too! Have fun!!
We go camping...we just camp in hotels!
I so agree. Dave and I have never taken our kids camping either...guess we are bad parents too.
I have watched my neighbors spend 2 days getting their trailer loaded so they can spend 2 nights away. (they do this every weekend) It seems like WAY too much work for me! I think the idea of camping in a hotel is a great one!
You are definitely right about camping being a lot of work! We went last weekend for 2 nights and it rained both nights so there was extra work drying everything out when we got back home. The kids love it though and they always have good memories of camping with the family.
Um... Yeah... Mostly I'm just comletely jealous that you have access to an awesome private campground...
Post a Comment