We've had such a fun time with family lately. The best part of summer is having no schedule and lots of loved ones close by.
On Saturday evening we drove to my Brother's house for the night in anticipation for the baby blessing of their new little boy Deacon. It was a nice drive in which we past through several summer thunderstorms along the way.

Accompanying those storms were some of the most beautiful rainbows ever!
Little Deac (that's what he likes to be called;) is such a darling boy and it made my heart ache for a baby as well. Good thing I only have a few more months to wait!

What do you think? If Jessica can be as mesmerized with her brother as much as she was with this little darling then I'm sure she will have no probably adjusting to being a "big girl."
********************
Tuesday afternoon John and I took the kids out to Waterton for a hike into Crandell lake. John's sister and her two boys joined us and it was such a nice afternoon. The hike into Crandell is a fairly simple hike (just a couple of KM's) yet I have to admit it was pretty much as much as I could handle. In my defense, I am carrying a 24 week old fetus on my front AND a two year old on my back!
The trail consisted of some of the most beautiful wildflowers and mountain scenery ever. John's sister Sarah knew what so many of the flowers were called. It was as if we had our own tour guide teaching us little facts about each plant.



We'll spend the next couple of days watching her carefully.
Bug free...we hope

Sam and Abby both insisted on carrying their own backpacks and they kept pace with their two cousins impeccably.
We got to the lake around dinner time, had a picnic and then spent the next couple of hours fishing. To all of our surprise and delight John caught a couple as well as some of the kids! The fish were biting!!!

Abby was particularly proud of her "very first catch." In fact she was determined to bring it home and she did. She held that stinky little bag of fish the whole time. Ugh.
It was a wonderful evening in Waterton. Almost perfect in fact.
Unfortunately some time early this afternoon I discovered a one of these nasty critters fastened to the base of Jessicas neck!

I didn't know much about TICKS, but I was pretty sure that's what we were dealing with. I should have freaked out a little less and been sure to remove it carefully, but that's in hindsight.
By dinner time tonight Jess was covered from head to toe in a bright red flaming rash. After a few hours at the emerge we are still uncertain as to what is wrong. Perhaps she's just experience a reaction to the bite itself. If she developes a fever then we will know it is a more serious side effect.
Stupid Tick.
We'll spend the next couple of days watching her carefully.
....and looking forward to the next adventure with family or friends.
Bug free...we hope

10 comments:
Ahh Tan, seriously! That is retarded! Can I just hug Jess so tight right now? I feel so bad for her! I hate bugs! They ruin all the fun!
I hope everything is okay with Jess.
I'm so sorry about Jess! Hope everything clears up quickly!
We hiked Crandell Lake on Saturday and it is beautiful! I haven't seen any ticks though for which I am grateful! We got bit by other bugs though and the itchies are driving Olivia insane.
ew. Ticks totally gross me out.
And, for once, we WEREN'T in Waterton at the same time! ;)
Sounds like you are having a fun summer... execpt for the tick! Poor little girl, hope she is okay!
Yuck - that's totally my fear every time we go out into the woods to hike. Hope all works out good!
ahhhhh I am super itchy just reading that post!!!!
Wow, even a nice strong band of red in that rainbow you captured. Great shot!
It’s always nice to actually catch fish when you go fishing isn’t it.
Sorry about the tick, hope Jessica is fine.
Okay, so I am a little late in reading this post, so I hope by now that Jessica is back to her normal cuteness! I absolutely LOVE the pic of Abby with her arm around John. So sweet! We are really missing you guys!
Poor Jessica, and poor you! I know I hate bugs bothering my children. Keyrai closed his fingers on a bee that had landed on his hand when he was a baby and wouldn't let go. You know how tight those baby clenched fists are and how hard they are to open? You can bet I squished that bee real good when I finally got it out of his poor swollen hand. Stupid bees and ticks.
Post a Comment