There is nothing - absolutely NOTHING better then a sleeping baby!
I will forever love this picture of Nate. Ienjoyed a rare moment this week when Sam and Abby were at school and Jess was playing at my sister Jewel's house. It was just me and Nate.
He chose to spend our time together sleeping.
I spent that time watching him.
This photo makes me laugh too.
When Nate was younger we noticed that he had a slight "kink" in his neck. Sure a little bit of it was probably due to him being so young, and undeveloped still. But this was more then just an infant's floppy neck. He really would favor one side, and he seemed almost bothered when he had to turn it to the left. After a few visits to our local chiropractor Nate had much more mobility and far less discomfort. This is one of the stretching excercises we were taught to do with him. We just hold him like this and let gravity straighten things out. Every time I see this - I want to be hung upside down to. Doesn't that look like the best stretch!
This photo does NOT make me happy.
Despite the fact that both kids SEEM to be fine, that is NOT the case. Nate is unwillingly being held hostage and there is NOTHING that can be done about it. Jess is one determined little girl and she has recently declared that Nate is HER baby.
Not good.
Back before Valentines Day had even come, John and I felt compelled to require a little bit more from our kids. Specifically when it comes to clearing their plates after a meal. Usually when we want to see results from our three oldest, we resort to bribery. It is a tried and tested technique in our home, and it has NEVER failed us.
In fact Jess STILL insists on clearing her table stuff, and STILL asks every time if "this means she can have a treat on Valentines Day." Sure kid.. Do this for the next ...oh, eleven months, and I will be more then happy to pay up!
I got in trouble though when I took this picture.
Abby looked up and said, "Oh please. No Flash Photography."
I really shouldn't be posting this picture, I know. It doesn't reallly portray us as the classy bunch I try so hard to make us appear as. One evening I had my camera out and Sam was obviously hurting for some attention.
Ergo - underpants on the head!
On my sister Jewels fridge there is a quote that says something along these lines,
"If your Child is a hand full,
it is because he is not
often enough an arm full."
So what usually goes through my mind when Sam comes charging out of his room looking like this?
"Here is a kid who needs a HUG."
Very Very badly






4 comments:
Cute Tan! All those pictures are so cute. You guys make some cute ones! And you make me laugh!
Can I just say...I love your kids! They are so cute...
ha ha - that's awesome! Your kids are so cute and say the cutest things!
Tanis you are so funny! You make me laugh too! Oh and yes I paid some someone to make Anthony's cake! lol! Feel better now!
Actually Randys mom watched the boys for the day so, I got to be creative and play around with his cake!lol!
I have fun looking at your blog, it always makes me smile!
Post a Comment