Abby was thrilled (on Wednesday), to go back to school in the evening to the science fair. Who enjoys going back to school? I guess a five year old does. She was very proud of her cousin Ava who's science project was awarded honorable mention. Good Job Ava! We are proud of you too!!!
Speaking of 'how time flies"...Nate is now three and a half months old! We have SOO much fun with this little guy it surprises me sometimes. I don't remember babies being this fun? This week he recognized his reflection as his own. I love this age when they start discovering who they are. He now loves playing in front of the mirror. What a vain little thing.
Poor little Nate caught a cold this weekend and it has worsened over the past couple of days. I took him to the emerge today after church and he is now being treated for Bronchitus. How does a baby get bronchitus of all things? It's a shame he has such a bad mommy. tsk tsk.
The biggest excitement this week has been the Valentine Festivities at the school. I always look forward to the holiday decor that covers our kids' doors at times like this. We had a lot of fun afternoons reading through valentines given, and creating some of our own.
This year for John, I made his favorite Banana Muffins. Nailed to that 2x4 are tickets to an upcoming production of Anne of Green Gables. So really- a gift for both of us! (I'm so efficient!)
For the record I have NEVER (before today) called my Husband "Stud Muffin." Honest! I would never call him something so ridiculous as that. I actually call him "Huney Bunch".
No I'm just kidding - I don't call him that either.
John borrowed some snow skis and snow shoes from a family friend. Abby and him have already ventured out, and wonder of wonders Abby's getting the hang of it! We plan on going as a family tomorrow as part of our Family Day festivities!
Other news of this week.
1.
We have enjoyed watching glimpses of the Olympics on the one channel that we sometimes pick up. My friend Jodi Judd got to fly out to Vancouver and be a torch bearer out there just hours before opening ceremonies!!! How cool is that? She was interviewed for the national news, and when I watched the coverage that night and I was so proud of her. (And jealous.) But mostly proud.
2.
John and I both gave talks in Church today. As much as I miss our old ward, the people here have been so kind to us, and I am looking forward to getting to know people better. It's a shame I made such a fool of myself. Picture: me standing up and bursting into tears.
It happened. (It was like the time in grade 4 when I gave a speech on animal testing and cried the whole way through it.) Today was just as bad. I didn't look to verify, but I'm pretty sure that I dripped snot onto the pulpit. So much for making a good impression.
But "Stud Muffin" on the other hand...
gave a great talk!
I'm so glad I married him! Perhaps I can look smart by association.
HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE!!!
And Chinese New Year (if applicable)




4 comments:
Tanis, I think the whole crying thing is in our blood. I swear I cant even conduct in RS without crying! I cant even blame it on being pregnant either! :)
I'm still mad you didn't tell us you were speaking! And that piture of Nate makes me so happy!
You crack me up Tanis, I love your blog posts! And just for the record, you did a wonderful job on your talk today and we are so excited to have you and your family in our ward!
Cindy
Tanis, Nathan is adorable and I love your family picture!! What a cute idea!! And don't worry, I think that I have cried in every talk that I have ever given! Amie is right, something in our blood just makes the tears come for no reason! In fact, I am tearing up right now!
Post a Comment